|Born||April 15, 1972|
San Diego, California, U.S.
|Residence||San Francisco Bay Area, California, U.S.|
|Occupation||Animator, voice actor|
Lou Romano (born April 15, 1972) is an American animator and voice actor. He did design work on Monsters, Inc. and The Incredibles, and he provided the voices of Bernie Kropp in The Incredibles, Snot Rod in Cars and Alfredo Linguini in Ratatouille.
Romano had an interest in drawing and painting at an early age and studied theater arts, performing in plays throughout junior high and high school. He studied acting at the San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts (SCPA). After graduating in 1990 he studied animation at the California Institute of the Arts. He then completed workshops at The Groundlings in L.A.. He later went on to work as an art director and designer for animated projects, such as The Powerpuff Girls and The Iron Giant.
In 2000, Romano joined Pixar as the production designer of The Incredibles, for which he won an Annie Award in 2005. His artwork has been exhibited at the Museum of Modern Art and the Gallery at The Metropolitan Opera in New York City and has been published on the cover of The New Yorker. In 2009, Romano left Pixar to work at Laika in Portland, Oregon. Lou and his wife reside in the Bay Area.
- Samurai Jack (2017) - Layout Keys
- Kubo and the Two Strings (2016) - Concept Artist
- The Little Prince (2016) - Production Designer
- The Boxtrolls (2014) - Additional Character Designer
- Paperman (2012) - Visual Development Artist
- ParaNorman (2012) - Thanks
- Kinect Rush: A Disney-Pixar Adventure (2012) - voice of Alfredo Linguini
- Up (2009) - Art Director: Lighting
- Your Friend the Rat (2007) - voice of Alfredo Linguini
- Ratatouille (2007) - voice of Alfredo Linguini
- Wilbur (2007-2008) - Ramoni, Ray (singing)
- Cars (2006) - voice of Snot Rod
- Jack-Jack Attack (2005) - Art Director: Lighting
- The Incredibles (2004) - Production Designer, voice of Bernie Kropp
- Boys Night Out (2003) - Voice
- Monkeybone (2001) - Cop/Psycharist
- Monsters, Inc. (2001) - Visual Development
- The Trouble with Lou (2001) - Lou/Ciro Romano
- Herd (1999) - Bible Boy #1
- The Iron Giant (1999) - Visual Development
- The Powerpuff Girls (1998) - Background Color Designer, Storyboard Artist
- Cats Don't Dance (1997) - Effects Assistant
- Dexter's Laboratory (1996) - Storyboard Artist
- The Pagemaster (1994) - Effects Assistant
- Whoopass Stew! (1992) - Amoeba Boys
- “Ancient Book of Sex & Science Show", Cartoon Brew Archived 2010-04-05 at the Wayback Machine.
|This article about an American voice actor born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|