Loud (Stan Walker song)
|Single by Stan Walker|
|from the album Let the Music Play|
|Released||6 May 2011|
|Stan Walker singles chronology|
"Loud" is a song performed by Australian-New Zealand recording artist Stan Walker. The song was released as a digital download on 6 May 2011 as the lead single from his third studio album, Let the Music Play.
"Loud" was written by Drew Pearson, Stephen Wrabel and Jon Asher, and was produced by Pearson. It was recorded in Los Angeles during sessions for the follow-up to his second studio album, From the Inside Out (2010). The song was sent to Australian contemporary hit radio on 2 May 2011. A week later, it became the most-added song to radio. "Loud" was released as a two-track digital download on 6 May 2011 in Australia and New Zealand. Its CD single was released in Australia on 3 June 2011. In an interview with Inner West Courier, Walker said "the meaning behind the song is so simple. It's a declaration of a celebration, another step forward and just having fun."
"Loud" debuted at number thirty-eight on the ARIA Singles Chart on 16 May 2011, and peaked at number nine on 20 June 2011. It is Walker's second top-ten single in Australia following "Black Box" (2009), and has since been certified Platinum by the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA), for shipments of 70,000 units. On the New Zealand Singles Chart "Loud" entered at number thirty on 16 May 2011. It peaked at number eight on 11 July 2011, and became Walker's fourth top-ten hit in New Zealand. The Recording Industry Association of New Zealand (RIANZ), certified "Loud" Gold for shipping 7,500 copies.
The music video for "Loud" was filmed in Los Angeles, California, and was premiered exclusively on The Hot Hits Live from LA website 9 May 2011. The video opens with shots of various people in apartments. As the first verse begins Walker is seen entering a party, where he begins to dance and greet others. A disc jockey is seen to adjust the music volume, which results in the ceilings of the apartments cracking and falling. The people inside the apartments hear the music and join in the party. Towards the end of the song Walker moves onto a balcony and sings to people below him. Throughout the video scenes of Walker singing the song in front of a background of bright red lights are intercut. A writer for The Hot Hits Live from LA called the "Loud" video "probably his hottest video yet".
In May 2011, "Loud" was played in the background of a television commercial promoting new television shows on the Seven Network. The commercial ran for a period of five weeks. On 10 June 2011, Walker performed "Loud" live on Sunrise.
- "Loud" – 3:25
- "Loud" (Static Revenger Mix) – 7:00
Credits and personnel
Credits adapted from Let the Music Play liner notes.
- Jon Asher – songwriter
- Tom Coyne – mastering
- Anthony Egizii – vocal producer
- Damien Lewis – additional/assistant engineering
- David Musumeci – vocal producer
- Drew Pearson – songwriter, producer
- Phil Tan – mixer
- Stephen Wrabel – songwriter
Charts and certifications
- Let the Music Play (CD liner). Stan Walker. Sony Music Australia. 2011.
- McCabe, Kathy (18 April 2011). "Bruno Mars, a party boat to remember". The Daily Telegraph. News Limited. Retrieved 12 May 2011.
- "Stan Walker - Loud - Issue 834". The Music Network. Peer Group Media. 2 May 2011. Retrieved 12 May 2011.
- "Most Added to Radio - Releases". The Music Network. Peer Group Media. Archived from the original on 12 May 2011. Retrieved 12 May 2011.
- "Loud – Single (Australia)". iTunes Store. Apple Inc. Retrieved 12 May 2011.
- "Loud – Single (New Zealand)". iTunes Store. Apple Inc. Retrieved 12 May 2011.
- "Loud: Walker, Stan". Chaos.com. Retrieved 19 June 2011.
- Khalil, Shireen (1 June 2011). "Idol winner Stan Walker steps forward". Inner West Courier. News Community Media. Retrieved 5 June 2011.
- "Stan Walker - Loud". Australian-charts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- "Top 50 Singles Chart". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 25 July 2011.
- "Stan Walker - Loud". Charts.org.nz. Hung Medien. Retrieved 31 May 2011.
- "Latest Gold / Platinum Singles". RadioScope New Zealand. Archived from the original on 16 January 2012.
- "Stan Premiers His Brand New Video For 'Loud' 09.05.11". Stan Walker Official website. Archived from the original on 22 May 2011. Retrieved 22 May 2011.
- "Stan Walker Back With Brand New Video 'Loud'". The Hot Hits Live from LA. Mcm Media. 9 May 2011. Retrieved 12 May 2011.
- "Stan Walker performs live". Yahoo!7. 10 June 2011. Retrieved 12 June 2011.
- "ARIA 2011 Top 100 Singles Chart" (PDF). Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "ARIA Top 50 Australian Artists Singles 2011". Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- "Adele dominates NZ end of year charts". Television New Zealand. Retrieved 31 December 2011.