Loudoun County Commuter Bus
The Loudoun County Commuter Bus, also known as Loudoun County Transit, is a public-transportation service provided by the Loudoun County, Virginia government. The buses operate from Dulles, Leesburg, and Purcellville to Washington Metro stations as well as directly to Rosslyn, Virginia, The Pentagon, and Washington, D.C.. The service is attractive because the buses, unlike normal traffic, are permitted to travel on the express lanes of the Dulles Toll Road. This allows for a shorter trip and also bypasses commuter tolls. The Loudoun County Commuter Bus accepts payment via SmarTrip, a reloadable transit card issued by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority.
Loudoun County Transit buses also operates local bus service through Sterling, Ashburn, & Leesburg. The Silver Line is being extended to Dulles Airport and Ashburn (part of Phase Two), service is available from Park and Ride locations to the Wiehle-Reston East Metro station as well as the West Falls Church Station as part of Metro Connection service. Virginia Regional Transit only operates the Purcellville Connector that is part of local bus service. LC Transit uses long buses (seating around 50) with white and metal trim and display the LC Transit logo (shown above), while VRT buses are short (seating around 15) and have a predominantly white and maroon color scheme, frequently without a logo. Meanwhile, the local buses have buses that are around the same size as VRT buses & have the LC logo.
- "SmarTrip. More than a smart card. It's pure genius". Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority. Archived from the original on November 12, 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-21.
- Dekatyou. "Loudoun County Transit 71023". Photobucket. Retrieved 2012-05-02.
- "Commuter Bus Service". Loudoun County Government. Retrieved 2012-05-02.
- Dekatyou. "Virginia Regional Transit 197". Photobucket. Retrieved 2012-05-02.
- "Local Bus Service: Virginia Regional Transit". Loudoun County Government. Retrieved 2012-05-02.
- Commuter Bus Service, Loudoun County Government