Loudoun Valley Estates, Virginia
|• Total||2.83 sq mi (7.32 km2)|
|• Land||2.81 sq mi (7.27 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.06 km2)|
|Elevation||295 ft (90 m)|
|• Density||1,303/sq mi (503.2/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||2584868|
Loudoun Valley Estates is a census-designated place (CDP) in Loudoun County, Virginia, United States. The population as of the 2010 United States Census was 3,656. It is a Toll Brothers community located near the planned Ashburn Metro station complex and Moorefield Station town center in the southern part of Ashburn, Virginia. Loudoun Valley Estates is governed by a homeowners' association.
Loudoun Valley Estates is in southeastern Loudoun County and is bordered by Brambleton to the south and west, Broadlands and Moorefield to the north, and the runways of Dulles International Airport to the east. It is 2 miles (3 km) southwest of the Dulles Greenway (Virginia Route 267), 11 miles (18 km) south of Leesburg, the county seat, and 32 miles (51 km) west-northwest of Washington, D.C.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the Loudoun Valley Estates CDP has a total area of 2.8 square miles (7.3 km2), of which 0.02 square miles (0.06 km2), or 0.76%, are water. The community is drained by Broad Run, a northeast-flowing tributary of the Potomac River.
The climate is humid subtropical. The average temperature is 57 °F (14 °C). The warmest month is August, at 77 °F (25 °C), and the coldest is January, at 32 °F (0 °C). The average rainfall 46.8 inches (1,188 mm) per year. The wettest month was October, at 5.0 inches (128 mm) of rain, and the least wet was November, at 2.1 inches (54 mm).
According to the 2010 census, Loudoun Valley Estates had a population of 3,656. Of this, 29.3% were white; 4.2% African American; 0.3% were American Indians and Alaska Natives; 61% were Asian; 0.0% Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders; 1.1% from another race, and 4.1% from two or more races. 3.3% of the total population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
Survivor contestant Reem Daly lives in Loudoun Valley Estates.
- "2020 U.S. Gazetteer Files –Virginia". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved February 26, 2021.
- "Total Population: 2010 Census DEC Summary File 1 (P1), Loudoun Valley Estates CDP, Virginia". data.census.gov. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved February 26, 2021.
- HOA Information
- Supervisors Dive into Urban Planning
- Loudoun County Parkway Extension Set for Opening
- Loudon Valley Estates Geonames.org
- "NASA Earth Observations: Population Density". NASA/SEDAC. Retrieved January 30, 2016.
- Peel, M C; Finlayson, B L (2007). "Updated world map of the Köppen-Geiger climate classification". Hydrology and Earth System Sciences. 11 (5): 1633–1644. Bibcode:2007HESS...11.1633P. doi:10.5194/hess-11-1633-2007. Retrieved January 30, 2016.
- "NASA Earth Observations Data Set Index". NASA. Retrieved January 30, 2016.
- "NASA Earth Observations: Rainfall (1 month - TRMM)". NASA/Tropical Rainfall Monitoring Mission. Retrieved January 30, 2016.
- Virginia Trend Report 2: State and Complete Places (Sub-state 2010 Census Data). Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed 2011-02-25.
- ‘Survivor’ journey officially ends for Ashburn resident Reem Daly