McCarthy-Scarsbrook playing for Harlequins in 2007
|Full name||Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook|
14 January 1986 |
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||16 st 5 lb (104 kg)|
|As of October 2016
Source: Rugby League Project, 
Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook (born 14 January 1986), is an English professional rugby league footballer for St. Helens in the First:Utility Super League. An England national representative forward, he previously played for Harlequins in his home town of London before joining St Helens, with whom he won the 2014 Super League championship.
Born 14 January 1986 in Lewisham, London, McCarthy-Scarsbrook was a product of the Quins RL Junior Academy squad. He toured Australia with British Amateur Rugby League Association U18s in 2004. He spent the 2005 season on loan at Hull's Senior Academy, and played a prominent role in Hull's reserve grade Grand Final winning season.
Professional playing career
McCarthy-Scarsbrook returned to London and in 2006 made his Super League debut. By 2008 Harlequins coach Brian McDermott was tipping McCarthy-Scarsbrook for a place in England's World Cup squad.
Louie announced on 1 September 2010 that he was to leave Quins at the end of the season after turning down a new contract.
On 3 September 2010, St. Helens confirmed the capture of Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook on a 4-year deal starting in 2011, where he'll join up with Saints other new signings Josh Perry and Michael Shenton. Upon Signing the deal Louie said, '"St Helens are entering an exciting time in their history and to be a part of that was a great pull." He continued: "Not only will they have a new stadium in 2012 but the quality of the players already in the squad means they will be challenging on all fronts. "I am looking forward to linking up with my new teammates and continuing to learn under Royce Simmons. "I would like to thank Quins for giving me the chance to play rugby league and I have enjoyed my time there. The fans and players have been excellent with me and I wish them all well in the future." 
In 2014, Louie made his 100th appearance for St Helens in their Challenge Cup fixture against Leeds. St. Helens reached the 2014 Super League Grand Final and McCarthy-Scarsbrook was selected to play at second-row forward in their 14-6 victory over Wigan.
- "Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook". au.sports.yahoo.com. Yahoo! 7 Sport. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook St Helens". www.superleague.co.uk. Rugby Football League. 2015. Retrieved 26 July 2015.
- Fletcher, Paul (2008-02-05). "Quins ace tipped for England call". BBC. Retrieved 2008-02-06.
- Fletcher, Paul (2008-02-06). "Leading the way in London". BBC. Retrieved 2008-02-06.
- "Myler gets England call". England Rugby League. 2008-09-29. Retrieved 2008-10-03.
- "Gleeson to lead new-look England". BBC. 2008-10-09. Retrieved 2008-10-10.
- "England warm up in style". Sky Sports. 2008-10-10. Retrieved 11-10-2008. Check date values in:
- "England Statistics at englandrl.co.uk". englandrl. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Prop Louis McCarthy-Scarsbrook to leave Harlequins". BBC Sport. 2010-09-01. Retrieved 2010-01-09.
- "St Helens sign Harlequins' Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook". BBC Sport. 2010-09-03. Retrieved 2010-03-09.
- Cartwright, Phil (11 October 2014). "St Helens v Wigan as it happened". BBC Sport. BBC. Retrieved 12 October 2014.