Louiqa Raschid is a Sri Lankan computer scientist specializing in data science and its applications in biology, medicine, disaster recovery, social science, and finance. She is a professor of information systems in the Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland, College Park.
Education and career
Raschid attended Bishop's College and Bridget's Convent in Sri Lanka, and won first place among all Sri Lankans in the 1973 General Certificate of Education, before moving to India for her university education. She earned a bachelor's degree in 1980 from the Indian Institute of Technology Madras, and completed her Ph.D. in electrical engineering in 1987 at the University of Florida.
She joined the Robert H. Smith School of Business as an assistant professor in 1987, and was promoted to full professor there in 2002. She has also been affiliated with the computer science department at the University of Maryland since 1994.
Raschid was named a Fellow of the Association for Computing Machinery in 2016 "for data management and integration in non-traditional domains including biomedicine, finance, and humanitarian applications".
- Louiqa Raschid, Professor of Information Systems, Robert H. Smith School of Business, retrieved 2018-10-16
- Raschid, Louiqa (2016), Biosketch: Louiqa Raschid (PDF), retrieved 2018-10-16
- Raschid, Louiqa (2008), Curriculum vitae (PDF), retrieved 2018-10-16
- "Editorial board", ACM Journal of Data and Information Quality, Association for Computing Machinery, retrieved 2018-10-16
- "Dr. Louiqa Raschid", ACM Fellows, Association for Computing Machinery, retrieved 2018-10-16