Louis Coues Page
Louis Coues Page (1869–1956) was a publisher in Boston, Massachusetts. Born in Zurich to American parents, he attended Harvard College and worked for Boston publishers Estes & Lauriat, 1891–1892. In 1896 he bought the Joseph Knight Company and renamed it L.C. Page & Company; around 1914 it became The Page Company. It issued works of "art, travel, music, belles lettres" and fiction for adults and children. It operated from offices on Beacon Street in Beacon Hill. Authors published by the firm included Bliss Carman, Julia Caroline Dorr, Lucy Maud Montgomery, and Eleanor H. Porter. In 1914 the Page Company acquired Dana Estes & Co.
Page married Kate Stearns in 1895.
- "Boston Record". The Fourth Estate. NY. February 23, 1918.
- "Firms Out of Business". University of Texas Harry Ransom Center and University of Reading Library. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- The Dial, Chicago, May 1, 1900,
L.C. Page & Company, Summer Street, Boston
- Not to be confused with William Page & Company
- The Writer, Boston, January 1914
- 1001 places to sell manuscripts, Ridgewood, NJ: The Editor Company, 1915,
Page Company, 53 Beacon Street, Boston
- No. 53 Beacon Street, adjacent to Headquarters House (Boston, Massachusetts). (cf. Boston Register and Business Directory: 1922. Boston, Mass.: Sampson & Murdock Co. 1922.)
- Mary Rubio (2008), Lucy Maud Montgomery: the gift of wings, Toronto: Doubleday Canada, ISBN 0-385-65983-0
- The Writer, Boston, April 1914
- Harold Kaese (1948), The Boston Braves, New York: Putnam, OCLC 1328929
- Harvard College Class of 1891 Secretary's Report, 1895
- "Farrar, Straus & Giroux Inc., Records 1885-1997" (PDF). New York Public Library. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- L.C. Page & Co.
- Open Library. L. C. Page & Company
- WorldCat. L.C. Page and Company
- Lucille Project. L.C. Page & Co.
- Directory of Directors in the City of Boston and Vicinity, 1909. Listing for George A. Page, L.C. Page & Company, 200 Summer St., Boston
- The Page Company