|Born||November 22, 1993|
Portishead, Somerset, England
Louis Dowdeswell is an English jazz trumpeter. He is known for his ability in the upper register of the instrument.
He formed the Louis Dowdeswell Big Band, in which he collaborated with fellow trumpeter Wayne Bergeron and trombonist Callum Au. They arranged a series of movie and TV series soundtracks (including Game of Thrones, The Incredible Suite, and Let it Go) for jazz band. He has played soundtracks for movies, including No Time to Die.
- Mondello, Nick (June 2017). "England Swings: Chatting With Trumpeter Louis Dowdeswell". International Trumpet Guild Journal. 41 (1): 54–57.
- "World Trumpet Society - Louis Dowdeswell".
- "The 'Jazz Night' before Christmas with Norah Jones, Jamie Cullum and José James". December 16, 2021.
- "Outstanding young jazz musician Louis Dowdeswell in NZ". May 15, 2019.
- "Claire Martin & Callum Au: Songs and Stories (Cadogan Hall, 20 Jan 2023)". January 9, 2023.
- "Louis Dowdeswell Big Band – High Score".
- Beek, Michael (October 4, 2021). "No Time To Die: the music featured in the new James Bond soundtrack".
- "Long list nominees". December 13, 2022.
- ""As a trumpet player, my focus is on sound and attention to detail. I'm a perfectionist so I like things to be played with a certain degree of commitment and intensity."".
- "GR Mouthpieces Louis Dowdeswell".