Fenton playing for New Zealand in 2013
|Full name||Louis Ferenc Puskas Fenton|
|Date of birth||3 April 1993|
|Place of birth||Wellington, New Zealand|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Right back|
|2011||St Albans Saints||12||(4)|
|2013-||New Zealand U-20||6||(5)|
|2012-||New Zealand U-23||4||(3)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 November 2014.
Fenton grew up in Tawa, playing for Tawa College and Tawa AFC before heading abroad for a brief stint in the Victorian Premier League with clubs St Albans Saints and Melbourne Knights. He lived during this time in Kings Park, in Melbourne's western suburbs. He scored on his senior professional debut in an A-League match against Sydney FC on 6 October 2012 with a spectacular diving header, courtesy of a Manny Muscat cross. Fenton made 10 starts for the Phoenix in 2013–14 before being sidelined for the year due to a dislocated shoulder suffered in a 3-1 away win to the Western Sydney Wanderers.
Fenton represented New Zealand under 20s at the 2013 OFC U-20 Championship in Fiji. He was voted the player of the tournament as he helped the team qualify for the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Turkey.
Fenton made his debut for the senior team on the 20 November 2013, in the second leg of the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying playoff against Mexico, substituting Bill Tuiloma in the 50th minute of the game.
- As of 1 January 2014
- Fenton making a name for himself New Zealand Herald, 28 October 2012
- "Louis Fenton". worldfootball.net. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- oceaniafootball.com. "Kiwi duo add to accolades". Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil: New Zealand 2:4 Mexico". FIFA. Retrieved 20 November 2013.