|Majority Leader of the New Jersey General Assembly|
January 10, 2012
|Preceded by||Joseph Cryan|
|Member of the New Jersey General Assembly
from the 6th Legislative District
January 9, 1996
Serving with Pamela Rosen Lampitt
|Preceded by||Lee Solomon|
March 11, 1967 |
Mount Holly, New Jersey
|Residence||Voorhees Township, New Jersey|
|Alma mater||B.A. Moravian College (Political Science)
J.D. Seton Hall University School of Law
Louis D. Greenwald (born March 11, 1967) is an American Democratic Party politician, who has served in the New Jersey General Assembly since 1996, where he represents the 6th Legislative District. He has served as the Assembly Majority Leader since January 10, 2012.
He has been the Assembly's Budget Committee Chair since 2002 to 2012 and was the Assistant Minority Leader from 1998-1999. Greenwald serves in the Assembly on the Budget Committee (as Chair), the Appropriations Committee and the Joint Budget Oversight Committee.
Assemblyman Greenwald is a member of the Camden County Bar Association, the Camden County Democratic Committee and the Camden County Traffic Safety Task Force Committees. He is a member of the CEO/Executive Advisory Board for the Southern New Jersey Council Boy Scouts of America.
Greenwald graduated with a B.A. in 1989 from Moravian College in Political Science and was awarded a J.D. in 1992 from the Seton Hall University School of Law. Greenwald is the son of the late Maria Barnaby Greenwald, a former Mayor of Cherry Hill Township and a former Camden County Freeholder Director and Surrogate. He currently lives in Voorhees Township with his wife Cynthia and has three children.
Each of the forty districts in the New Jersey Legislature has one representative in the New Jersey Senate and two members in the New Jersey General Assembly. The other representatives from the 6th District for the 2014-2015 Legislative Session are:
- Assemblyman Greenwald's legislative web page, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed February 24, 2007.
- "Assemblyman Louis D. Greenwald Bio Page". NJ Assembly Majority Office. Retrieved August 31, 2015.
- Assembly Member Louis D. Greenwald, Project Vote Smart. Accessed August 8, 2007.
- Legislative Roster 2014-2015 Session, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed January 21, 2014.
- Assemblyman Greenwald's legislative web page, New Jersey Legislature
- New Jersey Legislature financial disclosure forms
- Lou Greenwald website
- Assembly Member Louis D. Greenwald, Project Vote Smart
|New Jersey General Assembly|
|Member of the New Jersey General Assembly for the 6th District
January 9, 1996 – present
With: John A. Rocco, Mary Previte, Pamela Rosen Lampitt
|Majority Leader of the New Jersey General Assembly
January 10, 2012 – present