Louis W. Pauly is Professor and Chair of Political Science and former Director of the Centre for International Studies in the Munk School of Global Affairs at the University of Toronto. He holds the Canada Research Chair in Globalization and Governance and is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada.
Pauly is a graduate of Cornell University, the London School of Economics, New York University, and Fordham University. He has held management positions in the Royal Bank of Canada and served on the staff of the International Monetary Fund. He is a former editor of the journal International Organization.
His publications include various books and co-edited volumes, including:
- Global Liberalism and Political Order: Toward a New Grand Compromise? (2007) ISBN 0-7914-7045-8
- Complex Sovereignty: Reconstituting Political Authority in the Twenty-First Century (2005) ISBN 0-8020-3881-6
- Governing the World's Money (2002) ISBN 0-8014-4019-X
- Democracy beyond the State? The European Dilemma and the Emerging Global Order (2000) ISBN 0-8476-9900-5
- The Myth of the Global Corporation (1998) ISBN 0-691-01007-2
- Who Elected the Bankers? Surveillance and Control in the World Economy (1997) ISBN 0-8014-3322-3
- Choosing to Cooperate: How States Avoid Loss (1993) ISBN 0-8018-4611-0
- Opening Financial Markets: Banking Politics on the Pacific Rim (Cornell, 1988) ISBN 0-8014-9928-3