Louisiana Wing Civil Air Patrol
The Louisiana Wing of the Civil Air Patrol, the United States Air Force Auxiliary
|United States Air Force|
|Commander||Col Patrick M. "Pat" Yglesias|
|Vice Commander||Lt Col James Viney|
|Chief of Staff||Lt Col Amos A. Plante|
|Statistics as of 2018|
The Louisiana Wing of the Civil Air Patrol (CAP) is the highest echelon of Civil Air Patrol in the state of Louisiana. Louisiana Wing headquarters are located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The Louisiana Wing consists of over 500 cadet and adult members at 17 locations across the state of Louisiana.
The Louisiana Wing performs the three primary missions of the Civil Air Patrol: providing emergency services; providing a cadet program for youth; and offering aerospace education for both CAP members and the general public.
The Civil Air Patrol has an emergency services mission, which includes performing search and rescue and disaster relief missions; as well as providing assistance in administering humanitarian aid. The CAP provides Air Force support by conducting light transport, communications support, and low-altitude route surveys; they can also offer support to counter-drug missions.
In 2005, the Louisiana Wing participated in recovery efforts following Hurricane Katrina. At least 94 senior members from the Louisiana Wing volunteered a total of 604 man-days, and five cadets participated for 28 days. Louisiana mission pilots, observers and scanners took part in 433 aerial search and rescue and aerial photography missions, totaling 1,025 hours in the air.
The Civil Air Patrol offers cadet programs for youth aged 12 to 21. Cadets are trained in aerospace education, leadership training, physical fitness and moral leadership.
The Civil Air Patrol offers aerospace education for cadet and senior Civil Air Patrol members, and the general public; this includes offering training to the members of the CAP, and teaching students through workshops taught at schools and public aviation events.
|LA005||Barksdale Composite Squadron||Barksdale Air Force Base|
|LA007||Lake Charles Composite Squadron||Lake Charles|
|LA008||Hammond Composite Squadron||Hammond|
|LA009||Tangipahoa Composite Squadron||Kentwood|
|LA010||Capitol City Composite Squadron||Baton Rouge|
|LA013||Shreveport Senior Squadron||Shreveport|
|LA014||Lafayette Composite Squadron||Lafayette|
|LA019||General Claire L. Chennault Senior Squadron||Monroe|
|LA022||Ascension Parish Composite Squadron||Gonzales|
|LA067||Central Louisiana Composite Squadron||Alexandria|
|LA076||Billy Mitchell Senior Squadron||New Orleans|
|LA086||Alvin Callendar Composite Squadron||Marrero|
|LA088||St. Tammany Composite Squadron||Bush|
|LA089||St. Mary Parish Composite Squadron||Patterson|
|LA093||Pontchartrain Composite Squadron||Kenner|
|LA999||Louisiana State Legislative Squadron||Denham Springs|
Members of the Civil Air Patrol who are employed within the borders of Louisiana are entitled to a leave of absence from their place of employment, up to fifteen days per calendar year, to take part in Civil Air Patrol missions or training, without loss of pay, time, annual leave, or efficiency rating.
- "eServices, National Headquarters". Civil Air Patrol., login required
- "Wing Headquarters Contact Information". Louisiana Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 4 November 2015.
- "2014 Statistics" (PDF). Capmembers.com. Retrieved 5 November 2015.
- "Civil Air Patrol". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 5 November 2015.
- "Emergency Services". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 5 November 2015.
- "Civil Air Patrol Responds" (PDF). Capvolunteernow.com. Retrieved 27 November 2015.
- "Cadet Programs". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 5 November 2015.
- "Louisiana Wing Summer Encampment 2016". Louisiana Wing Civil Air Patrol. Retrieved 27 November 2015.
- "Aerospace Education". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 5 November 2015.
- "Locate a Local Unit". Louisiana Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 4 November 2015.
- "Civil Air Patrol Unit Directory" (PDF). Gocivilairpatrol.com. Retrieved 5 November 2015.
- "§ 42:394. Leave of absence for officers and employees in certain branches of armed forces". Louisiana State Legislature. Retrieved 20 October 2017.