|Born||18 October 1986|
|Labels||Sony Music Greece, Minos EMI|
Loucas Yiorkas (Greek: Λούκας Γιώρκας; Greek pronunciation: [ˈlukas ˈʝorkas]; born in Larnaca, Aradippou, Cyprus, on 18 October 1986), is a Greek-Cypriot singer and model and the winner of the first season of the Greek version of the television talent series The X Factor. In September 2009 he released his first EP album, Mazi, which attained gold status. He studies Biology at the University of Patras. Giorkas represented Greece in the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 in Germany along with Stereo Mike with the song "Watch My Dance", placing seventh with 120 points.
2008–2009: The X Factor
The path in the show:
- Live 1 - "Eho Mia Agapi"
- Live 2 - "Runaway"
- Live 3 - "Agapi Ti Diskolo Pragma"
- Live 4 - "S' Anazito Sti Saloniki"
- Live 5 - "Bang Bang"
- Live 6 - "Gia To Kalo Mou"
- Live 7 - "I Balanta Tou Kir Mentiou"
- Live 8 - "Instabile"
- Live 9 - "Erotiko"
- Live 10 - "Baby Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood"
- Live 11 - "San Planodio Tsirko" (First Song)
- Live 11 - "Party" (Second Song)
- Live 12 - "Didimotiho Blues" (First Song)
- Live 12 - "Agriolouloudo" (Second Song)
- Final: "Ladadika" (first song), "Piretos", (second song), "Party" (final song)
On 11 January 2011, Greece's Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation (ERT) announced that Yiorkas was one of six participants in a national final to select Greece's entry in the Eurovision Song Contest 2011. Loucas placed 7th with 120 points, but on the public televote he placed 3rd with 176 points.
- 2009: Mazi (EP)
- 2011: "Watch My Dance" (feat. Stereo Mike)
- 2011: "Gia Proti Fora" (For The First Time)
- 2012: "Ematha" (I learned)
- 2013: "Eklapsa"
- 2015 "Stin ousia"
- MAD.gr: Ο Λούκας το γιορτάζει με ένα χρυσό δίσκο! (in Greek)
- Floras, Stella (11 January 2011). "Greece: Newcomers to fight for the ticket to Dusseldorf". ESC Today. Retrieved 11 January 2011.
|The X Factor (Greece)
Giorgos Alkaios & Friends
|Greece in the Eurovision Song Contest
(with Stereo Mike)
|This Cypriot biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about the Eurovision Song Contest is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|