Lourdes Orthopaedic Hospital
|Lourdes Orthopaedic Hospital (Kilcreene Hospital Kilkenny)|
|Health Service Executive|
|Location||Kilcreene, County Kilkenny, Ireland|
|Care system||Carlow-Kilkenny Acute Hospitals|
Lourdes Orthopaedic Hospital (also known as Kilcreene Hospital) is a public hospital located in Kilkenny, County Kilkenny, Ireland. It is managed by the Health Service Executive and provides in-patient and out-patient orthopaedic services for the population of County Kilkenny and the South East. In 2008, the hospital served 4,887 out-patients, and 1,014 in-patients, with an average stay of 7.9 nights. In 2008, 99.4% of all admissions were elective. The hospital saw 327 day cases in the same year.
The Hospital provides elective orthopaedic services for the population of South East Ireland. In-patient services include orthopaedics, anaesthesia, and radiology. Orthopaedic procedures performed include hip arthroplasty, knee arthroplasty, foot and ankle procedures, and upper limb procedures. The hospital provides 20 in-patient beds.
- Adult patients waiting 3–6 months: 22
- Adult patients waiting 6–12 months: 3
- Adult patients waiting over 12 months: 0
- "Report on a National Acute Hospitals Hygiene Audit undertaken on behalf of the National Hospitals Office, Health Service Executive" (PDF). Health Service Executive. October 2005. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-07-14. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- "Report on the Second National Acute Hospitals Hygiene Audit" (PDF). Health Service Executive. June 2006. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-06-13. Retrieved 2010-07-04.