A sign marking the entrance to Louviers.
Location in Douglas County and the state of Colorado
|• Total||1.6 sq mi (4.1 km2)|
|• Land||1.6 sq mi (4.1 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||5,669 ft (1,728 m)|
|• Density||170/sq mi (65.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||0183350|
Louviers is located in northwestern Douglas County at  Its eastern border is U.S. Route 85, which leads north 20 miles (32 km) to the center of Denver and southeast 12 miles (19 km) to Castle Rock, the Douglas County seat.(39.476447, -105.000317).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 1.6 square miles (4.1 km2), all of it land. Louviers is in the valley of Plum Creek, a north-flowing tributary of the South Platte River.
As of the census of 2000, there were 237 people, 100 households, and 67 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 212.9 people per square mile (82.4/km²). There were 101 housing units at an average density of 90.7 per square mile (35.1/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 96.62% White, 0.42% Native American, 0.84% Asian, and 2.11% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.42% of the population.
There were 100 households out of which 30.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 59.0% were married couples living together, 4.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 33.0% were non-families. 31.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 10.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.37 and the average family size was 2.97.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 26.6% under the age of 18, 2.5% from 18 to 24, 24.1% from 25 to 44, 32.1% from 45 to 64, and 14.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 44 years. For every 100 females there were 102.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 102.3 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $41,932, and the median income for a family was $68,594. Males had a median income of $47,632 versus $12,063 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $25,534. None of the families and 4.1% of the population were living below the poverty line.
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- Colorado cities and towns
- Colorado counties
- Colorado metropolitan areas
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Louviers CDP, Colorado". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved October 19, 2015.
- Dawson, John Frank. Place names in Colorado: why 700 communities were so named, 150 of Spanish or Indian origin. Denver, CO: The J. Frank Dawson Publishing Co. p. 33.
- "Post offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.