Love Actually... Sucks!
|Love Actually... Sucks!|
(Stage name of Danny Cheng Wan-Cheung)
|Music by||Yat-Yiu Yu @ PMPS|
|Edited by||William Chang Suk Ping
Andy Chan Chi Wai
|Distributed by||Golden Scene|
Love Actually... Sucks! (Chinese: 愛很爛) is a 2011 Hong Kong movie, directed by Hong Kong Chinese film producer Scud (Danny Cheng Wan-Cheung 云翔). The film's title is a humorous wordplay on the romantic comedy film story Love Actually, as it deals with similar complicated and interconnected relationships. It was released at the 47th Chicago International Film Festival, in October 2011. It explores several themes traditionally regarded as 'taboo' in Hong Kong society, in an unusually open, convention-defying way, featuring frequent full-frontal male and female nudity. It is the fourth of five publicly-released films by Scud. The four others are: City Without Baseball, released in 2008, Permanent Residence in 2009, Amphetamine in 2010, and his most recent, Voyage, in 2013. His sixth film, Utopians, has now been completed and awaits release, whilst his seventh, Naked Nation, is currently in production.
Love Actually... Sucks! was inspired by real-life events, and opens with a dramatic wedding feast. It tells a variety of stories about love that has gone wrong: a brother and sister in an illicit relationship, a married painter who falls in love with his young male life model, a dance school teacher who is besotted with his senior student, and a lesbian couple, one of whom has role-play paranoia, and is caught in a complex love triangle. The film celebrates the belief that life is love.
- Osman Hung as Spider
- Linda So as Moon
- Haze Leung as Policeman
- John Tai as Painter
- Tang Wei as Model
- Calvin Wong as Boy in sauna
- Owen Lee as Dance teacher
- Alice Chen as Queen
- Betty Chan as Dance teacher's girl
- Christepher Wee as Brother
- Sherry Li as Sister
- Lareine Xu as Policewoman
- Celia Chang as Policewoman's girl
- Jackie Chow as Bridegroom
- Winnie Leung as Bride
- Ryo van Kooten as Bridesman
VCD, DVD & Blu-ray
A Panorama Distribution edition of Love Actually... Sucks! was released internationally on VCD, DVD and Blu-ray Disc on 26 June 2012.
Other films directed/produced by Scud
- Hong Kong films of 2011
- List of lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender-related films
- List of lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender-related films by storyline
- Nudity in film (East Asian cinema since 1929)
- "Open Auditions for Artwalker's new films - 'Open Auditions' notice". Artwalker (production company). Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- Love Actually Sucks Media Luna Biz Films Access date: 2011-09-16
- Love Actually Sucks - Scud's latest film censored Fridae Asia 2011-07-25 Access date: 2011-09-16