Love Has Many Faces
|Love Has Many Faces|
|Produced by||Jerry Bresler|
|Screenplay by||Marguerite Roberts|
|Music by||David Raksin|
|Edited by||Alma Macrorie|
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
Love Has Many Faces is a 1965 drama film made by Columbia Pictures. The movie was directed by Alexander Singer, and written by Marguerite Roberts. Nancy Wilson sings the title song and Edith Head designed Lana Turner's clothes.
When a dead American "beach boy" is washed up on a beach in Acapulco, the police do an investigation to see if it was murder. Lieutenant Riccardo Andrade of the Mexican police interviews three suspects. Hank Walker (Hugh O'Brian) is another beach boy who works as a gigolo and also blackmails vacationing middle-aged American women. Pete Jordan (Cliff Robertson) is a former beach boy who married rich American Kit (Lana Turner). Kit met Pete when he was selling his blood and bought all of him. The dead man was wearing a bracelet engraved "LOVE IS THIN ICE," which the police discover was given to him by Kit. They also discover that he'd had an affair with her.
In addition to the police, the dead American's deserted girlfriend, Carol Lambert (Stefanie Powers), comes to Mexico to find out about her former boyfriend's death.
Beach Boy Quotes
- Nothing illegal, just immoral
- Always treat a tramp like a lady and a lady like a tramp.
- Is there anything you wouldn't do for money? If there is I haven't found it yet.
- Money may wrinkle, but it never gets old.
- Lana Turner as Kit Jordan
- Cliff Robertson as Pete Jordan
- Hugh O'Brian as Hank Walker
- Ruth Roman as Margot Eliot
- Stefanie Powers as Carol Lambert
- Virginia Grey as Irene Talbot
- Ron Husmann as Chuck Austin
- Enrique Lucero as Lieutenant Riccardo Andrade
- Carlos Montalbán as Don Julian
- Jaime Bravo as Manuel Perez
- Fanny Schiller as Maria
- René Dupeyrón as Ramos
- Anticipated rentals accruing distributors in North America. See "Top Grossers of 1965", Variety, 5 January 1966 p 36.
- Love Has Many Faces at the Internet Movie Database
- Love Has Many Faces at the TCM Movie Database
- Love Has Many Faces at AllMovie
|This 1960s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|