Love Is Blind (TV series)
|Love Is Blind|
Title card for the series.
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||9|
|Running time||48–59 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Kinetic Content|
|Original release||February 13, 2020|
Love Is Blind is a currently airing dating reality television series, produced by Kinetic Content and created by Chris Coelen which premiered on Netflix on February 13, 2020 as part of a three-week event. The series has been compared to Married at First Sight, which was also produced by Kinetic Content, and The Bachelor.
The series follows thirty men and women who will hopefully find love; however, throughout the process, they will never see their partners. For ten days in a speed dating format, the men and women dated each other in different "pods" where they could talk to each other, but never see each other. Whenever they decided, the men were able to propose to the woman they want to get married to. After the proposal, they revealed themselves to their partner, where they were able to see each other for the first time.
Following the ten days, all of the engaged couples headed to a couples retreat in Playa del Carmen, Mexico; however, unbeknownst to the couples, the other engaged couples would also be heading to the same retreat. There, they were able to see all of the other potential partners they could have had.
Following the couples retreat, the engaged couples moved to the same apartment complex. While at the apartments, they all met their partners' families and explored their partners' living conditions. At the altar on the day of the wedding, the engaged couples would either get married, or split up, answering the question "Is love blind?"
|Cameron Hamilton||28||Lauren Speed||TBD|
|Carlton Morton||34||Diamond Jack||No|
|Damian Powers||27||Giannina Gibelli||TBD|
|Kenneth Smith||36||Not engaged|
|Kenny Barnes||27||Kelly Chase||TBD|
|Mark Cuevas||24||Jessica Batten||TBD|
|Matt Barnett||27||Amber Pike||TBD|
|Matt Thomas||28||Not engaged|
|Taylor Lupton||31||Not engaged|
|Rory Newbrough||28||Danielle Drouin[a]||No[a]|
|Ryan Martin||29||Not engaged|
|Westley Baer||27||Not engaged|
|Alyson "Aly" Costa||36||Not engaged|
|Amber Pike||26||Matt Barnett||TBD|
|Brianna Holmes||24||Not engaged|
|Danielle Drouin||27||Rory Newbrough[a]||No[a]|
|Diamond Jack||28||Carlton Morton||No|
|Ebony Alexis||30||Not engaged|
|Giannina Gibelli||25||Damian Powers||TBD|
|India Bridgeforth||29||Not engaged|
|Jessica Batten||34||Mark Cuevas||TBD|
|Kay Nicole||30||Not engaged|
|Kelly Chase||33||Kenny Barnes||TBD|
|Lauren "LC" Chamblin||26||Not engaged|
|Lauren Speed||32||Cameron Hamilton||TBD|
|Lexie Skipper||26||Not engaged|
|Lillie Mae||36||Not engaged|
- This relationship and engagement was not aired in the final cut, but was confirmed by the series creator, Chris Coelen.
On January 30, 2020, it was announced that Love Is Blind will be released as part of a three-week event, similar to The Circle. The first five episodes were released on February 13, with four episodes the following week. The finale will air on February 27, 2020.
|No.||Title ||Original air date |
|1||"Is Love Blind?"||February 13, 2020|
|2||"Will You Marry Me?"||February 13, 2020|
|3||"First Night Together"||February 13, 2020|
|4||"Couples Retreat"||February 13, 2020|
|5||"Last Night in Paradise"||February 13, 2020|
|6||"Moving in Together"||February 20, 2020|
|7||"Meet the Parents"||February 20, 2020|
|8||"Countdown to I Do's"||February 20, 2020|
|9||"Bachelor & Bachelorette Parties"||February 20, 2020|
|10||"The Weddings"||February 27, 2020|
Filming took place in Atlanta, Georgia from September 2019 to November. All filming was completed in thirty-eight days. The first ten days in the pods were shot at Pinewood Atlanta Studios in Fayetteville. Then, after the newly engaged couples left the pods, filming took place at the Grand Veras Riviera Maya in Playa del Carmen, Mexico when all the couples went on a retreat. The relationships that made it through the retreat in Mexico move in together in an apartment complex.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2020)
The trailer for Love Is Blind was released on January 30, 2020. With the trailer, it was announced that the series will be released on a three-week schedule, with the first five episodes being released on February 13, 2020, the next four being released on February 20, and the finale being released on February 27. The series will consist of ten episodes.
Tricia Crimmins of Mashable reviewed the first five episodes of Love Is Blind following their initial release on February 13, 2020. Comparing it to The Bachelor, Crimmins called the series the bizarre reality TV experiment you've been craving. She comments that you never know what the couples will do next, even down to the altar at the wedding, making the series "harmless, entertaining, and satisfying."
- Hegedus, Eric (January 30, 2020). "Netflix's 'Love Is Blind' confirms reality TV dating is pure trash". nypost.com. New York Post. Retrieved February 1, 2020.
- Kinane, Ruth (February 14, 2020). "Love Is Blind creator on what they didn't show — including even more proposals". ew.com. Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved February 16, 2020.
- Snierson, Dan (January 30, 2020). "Watch singles get engaged without meeting in person in trailer for Netflix reality series". ew.com. Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved February 1, 2020.
- Grebey, James (January 30, 2020). "Netflix's Love Is Blind Is the Dystopian Dating Reality Show We Deserve". gq.com. GQ. Retrieved February 1, 2020.
- Taylor, Jordyn (February 13, 2020). "Meet the Cast of Love Is Blind, Netflix's Incredible New Dating Show". menshealth.com. Men's Health. Retrieved February 14, 2020.
- Shiffer, Emily (February 13, 2020). "Peep All The Netflix 'Love Is Blind' Cast's Instagrams". womenshealthmag.com. Women's Health. Retrieved February 14, 2020.
- Patel, Varun (February 12, 2020). "Where is the Love is Blind Set Located?". thecinemaholic.com. TheCinemaholic. Retrieved February 14, 2020.
- Crimmins, Tricia (February 13, 2020). "'Love Is Blind' is the bizarre reality TV experiment you've been craving". mashable.com. Mashable. Retrieved February 14, 2020.
- Netflix (January 30, 2020). "Love is Blind - Official Trailer - Netflix". youtube.com. YouTube. Retrieved February 1, 2020.