Love Is Like a Butterfly (song)
|"Love Is Like a Butterfly"|
|Single by Dolly Parton|
|from the album Love Is Like a Butterfly|
|Released||August 31, 1974|
|Recorded||July 16, 1974|
RCA Studio B, Nashville, Tennessee
|Dolly Parton singles chronology|
"Love Is Like a Butterfly" is a song written and recorded by American country music artist Dolly Parton. It was released in August 1974 as the first single and title track from the album Love Is Like a Butterfly. "Love Is Like a Butterfly" was her overall fourth number one on the country chart as a solo artist (and her third consecutive number one). The single stayed at number one for one week and spent a total of twelve weeks on the country chart.
- Dolly Parton — vocals
- Jimmy Colvard, Dave Kirby, Bruce Osbon, Bobby Thompson — guitars
- Bobby Dyson — bass
- Larrie Londin — drums
- Jerry Smith — piano
- Stu Basore — steel guitar
- The Lea Jane Singers — background vocals
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (Billboard)||5|
|US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)||38|
|Canadian RPM Country Tracks||2|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 261.
- "Clare Torry: Heaven in the Sky". RPM Records. Archived from the original on 28 March 2010. Retrieved 10 June 2010.
- "The Colbert Report: Dolly Parton "Love is Like a Butterfly"". Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- Dolly (Media notes). Dolly Parton. New York, New York: Sony Music Entertainmnent. 2009. p. 44. 88697 48086 2.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "Dolly Parton Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "Dolly Parton Chart History (Bubbling Under Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Dolly Parton Chart History (Adult Contemporary)". Billboard.