Love Is the Look You're Looking For
|Love Is the Look You're Looking for|
|Compilation album by Connie Smith|
|Recorded||April 1966 – July 1969
(RCA Studio, Nashville)
|Connie Smith chronology|
|Singles from Love Is the Look You're Looking for|
Love Is the Look You're Looking for is the fifth compilation by American country music artist, Connie Smith. The album was released in February 1973 by RCA Records and was produced by Bob Ferguson. The album contained the Top 10 hit single that year, "Love Is the Look You're Looking for".
Love Is the Look You're Looking for consisted of ten tracks of previously recorded material from Smith's past albums in the 1960s, including "How Great Thou Art" from 1969's Back in Baby's Arms, "Burning a Hole in My Mind" from 1968's I Love Charley Brown, and "It's Now or Never" from 1966's Downtown Country. The only new songs included on the album were the title track, "If I Could Just Get Over You," and a French translation of "Once a Day" (recorded for the Canadian market and previously unreleased in the United States) as Smith had recently ended her contract with RCA Records and switched to Columbia Records. The album was released on a 12-inch LP album, with five songs on each side of the record.
Love Is the Look You're Looking for spawned one single, the album's title track. The song was released as the third and final single of 1972 that December, becoming a Top 10 hit in the United States and Canada by the following year. The song peaked at #8 on the Billboard Magazine Hot Country Songs chart and #6 on the Canadian RPM Country Tracks chart. The album itself peaked at #24 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart upon its release in February 1973.
- "Love Is the Look You're Looking for" – (Rose Lee Mathis)
- "How Great Thou Art" – (Stuart K. Hine)
- "It'll Be Easy" – (Jan Crutchfield)
- "Burning a Hole in My Mind" – (Cy Coben)
- "Ain't Had No Lovin'" – (Dallas Frazier)
- "If I Could Just Get Over You" – (Kay Arnold)
- "Born to Sing" – (Cy Coben)
- "Cry, Cry, Cry," – (Shirley Wood)
- "It's Now or Never" – (Wally Gold, Aaron Schroeder)
- "Pas Souvent (Once a Day)" – (Bill Anderson)
Sales chart positions
|U.S. Top Country Albums||24|
|US Country||CAN Country|
|1972||"Love Is the Look You're Looking for"||8||6|
- Bush, John. "Connie Smith > Biography". allmusic. Retrieved 2009-08-13.
- "Love Is the Look You're Looking for by Connie Smith". Rate Your Music. Retrieved 2009-08-13.
- "Charts & awards". allmusic. Retrieved 2009-08-13.