Love Marriage Ya Arranged Marriage
|Love Marriage Ya Arranged Marriage|
A promotional logo image of Love Marriage Ya Arranged Marriage
|Created by||Sphere Origins|
|Written by||Anjum Abbas, Surabhi Saral Sachdev & Rekkha Modi|
|Directed by||Jignesh Vaishnav|
|Creative director(s)||Neelu V. Shroff|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||92|
|Producer(s)||Sunjoy Waddhwa & Comall Sunjoy W|
|Cinematography||Sanjay Memane & Anil Katke|
|Running time||approximately 20 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Sphere Origins|
|Original network||Sony Entertainment Television India and Sony Entertainment Television Asia|
|Picture format||720i (SDTV)|
|Original release||6 August 2012 – 10 January 2013|
Love Marriage Ya Arranged Marriage (English: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage) is an Indian soap opera that airs on Sony Entertainment Television India. It premiered on 6 August 2012 and stars Rishika Mihani and Samaira Rao in the female leads with Himanshu Malhotra and Ashish Kapoor in the male leads. The show is set in Udaipur, Rajasthan. Love Marriage Ya Arranged Marriage also airs on Sony Entertainment Television Asia.
The show aired from Monday to Thursday at 8:30 P.M. (IST). The show went off-air on 10 January 2013 completing 92 episodes. Before the show ended, some news reports claimed that it might go off-air after completing its shooting of 130 episodes.
Love Marriage Ya Arranged Marriage is the story of two best friends — Mansi and Shivani — who have different views on marriage, set against the backdrop of modern day Udaipur. Shivani believes that love marriage is the best, where as Mansi believes that arranged marriage is better since it is marrying a person who is chosen by parents. The story explores the debate on love marriage and arranged marriage without taking sides.
The story starts with the two friends Shivani and Mansi. Mansi stays with her parents, elder brother (Kunal) and younger sister (Kavita) while Shivani stays with her parents. Shivani has an elder sister, Devyani, who is married to a businessman. Their marriage was arranged but is not a happy one as Devyani's husband does not like her penning up poems. Kunal is married to his heartthrob, Naina.
Shivani runs a shop named "Shagun Shaadi Ka" with the help of dwarfs — Karan and Arjun. The shop sells and caters everything related to weddings. Shivani and Mansi are the best of friends since childhood even after having small quarrels. However, the biggest one was when Devyani leaves her husband and comes to stay with her family in Udaipur from Kankroli. Mansi says that some arranged marriages may not be happy as the couple may have problems. Shivani says that her sister can never ever have a problem and leaves. Shivani plans to leave the city and shift elsewhere to save her from offensive sayings from neighbours and as she has no one left in the city. Shivani leaves a note for Mansi as she is unaware of this. Mansi learns that Shivani has sold her shop and has moved elsewhere and unable to find a note she thinks that she left for her.
The story takes a three-year leap after which Mansi's marriage has been fixed with a kind-hearted and similar kind of man like her: Anup Sisodiya. Anup's younger brother Sahil is in love with a girl and that girl is perhaps Shivani. Mansi and Shivani remain unaware of the fact. However, Shivani tries to meet Mansi again, when she comes to meet Sahil in Udaipur but in vain. Anup and Mansi's marriage happens whereas Sahil and Shivani have a registered marriage. Shivani and Mansi become aware of the fact that they are daughters-in-law of the same house. Sahil's mother Rajlaxmi doesn't accept Sahil's marriage, so Sahil marries Shivani again, in front of his family. Shivani and Mansi solve every problem in their marriage. Sahil's mother also accepts Shivani and after coming to know about her pregnancy, the story ends on a good note.
- Samaira Rao as Mansi Anup Sisodiya (née Mansi Gehlot)
- Rishika Mihani as Shivani Sahil Sisodiya (née Shivani Prakash)
- Himmanshoo A. Malhotra as Anup Sisodiya
- Ashish Kapoor as Sahil Sisodiya
- Shafaq Naaz as Pooja
- Raju Kher as Anand Prakash
- Deepika Upadhyay as Devyani Prakash/Bhatia
- Jyoti Gauba as Mansi's mother
- Vaishnavi Rao as Kavita Ghelot
- Puneet Tejwani as Kunal Ghelot
- Shresth Kumar as Vivan
- Neha Kaul as Naina Ghelot
- Dharti Bhatt as Netra Sisodiya
- Geeta Tyagi as Buaji
- Riddhima Tiwari as Sandhya
- as Rajlaxmi Sisodiya
- Zuber K. Khan as Darien
- "Sony launches Love Marriage Ya Arranged Marriage". The Times of India. 6 August 2012. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Indian Television (Website). "Sony launches a show with a debate on love marriage and arranged marriage!". Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Time slot of Love Marriage Ya Arranged Marriage". Sony Entertainment Television India. Retrieved 15 August 2012.
- "Love Marriage Ya Arranged Marriage and Hongey Judaa Na Hum... next to bid adieu on Sony Entertainment Television". Tellychakkar. 4 Dec 2012. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- Bhopatkar, Tejashree (31 October 2012). "Love Marriage Ya Arranged Marriage to go off-air after shooting 130 episodes". Times of India. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- Sony Entertainment Television India. "Story of Love Marriage Ya Arranged Marriage". Retrieved 8 August 2012.