|Launched||March 12, 2006|
|Owned by||High Fidelity HDTV|
Blue Ant Media (2013–present)
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Broadcast area||National |
|Formerly called||Oasis HD|
|Bell TV||Channel 810 |
|Shaw Direct||Channel 131|
|Available on many Canadian cable systems||Channel slots vary on each provider|
|Virgin Media||Channel 293 (HD) |
|Starhub TV||Channel 416 (HD)|
|First Media (Indonesia)||Channel 368 (HD)|
Channel 700 (4K)
|True Visions||Channel 400 (4K ULTRA HD HDR)|
Channel 563 (HD)
|VTVcab||Channel 14 (4K)|
|Telecentro Argentina||Channel 4001 (4K ULTRA HD)|
|Ziggo (Netherlands)||Channel 205|
|Bell Aliant Fibe TV||Channel 449|
|Bell Fibe TV||Channel 1661|
|Bell MTS||Channel 1602|
|Optik TV||Channel 713|
|HuronTel Digital TV||Channel 373|
|Unifi TV (Malaysia)||Channel 502 (HD)|
|MyTV Super (Hong Kong)||Channel 402 (HD)|
Channel 403 (4K)
Love Nature is a Canadian English language television channel. Canadian operations are owned by Blue Ant Media. The channel broadcasts documentaries and television series related to wildlife and nature.
As Oasis HD
In August 2005, John S. Panikkar (co-founder of the channel's original owner, High Fidelity HDTV), was granted a licence by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) to launch OasisHD, described as "a national English-language Category 2 high definition specialty programming undertaking... featuring urban and wild landscapes by Canadian and international cinematographers."
The channel launched in Canada on March 12, 2006 as Oasis HD, focusing on wildlife and nature programming, similar to its current format.
On December 21, 2011, High Fidelity HDTV announced that it had entered into an agreement to be purchased outright by Blue Ant Media. While initially purchasing 29.9% of the company, the remaining 70.1% would be purchased once it is approved by the CRTC.
In the summer of 2014, the channel dropped the "HD" moniker and was re-branded as Oasis with a revised logo and new website.
On January 19, 2015, Oasis re-branded again, this time as Love Nature. The re-branding coincided with an announcement by Blue Ant Media that it planned to produce 200 hours of nature programming per-year in 4K Ultra HD.
On July 14, 2008, then owners High Fidelity HDTV, announced that it had reached an agreement with Cameron Thomson Group to distribute then Oasis HD, throughout Europe. Although the channel did not launch internationally as planned.
On December 14, 2015, Blue Ant Media and Smithsonian Networks jointly announced that it was partnering in a new joint venture called Blue Skye Entertainment, with the new company focusing on developing and distributing 4K Ultra HD wildlife and nature programming globally via SVOD and linear television services under the Love Nature brand and Smithsonian Network's stand-alone streaming service, Smithsonian Earth. The new company's first product launch came with the launch of the Love Nature SVOD streaming service, which launched in 32 countries at launch, in February 2016.
The channel launched on Virgin Media on channels 293 and 294 in the United Kingdom on 21 July 2018.
The channel launched on MyTV SUPER on channels 402 and 403 in Hong Kong on 11 March 2019, available in HD and 4K formats.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2005-363 CRTC 08 02 05
- Bell ExpressVu Invites Canadians to Explore New High Definition Oasis and Visual Treasures BCE press release 2006-03-13
- Blue Ant Media Enters Agreement to Acquire High Fidelity HDTV CNW press release 2011-12-21
- "Blue Ant rebrands Oasis as Love Nature". Cartt.ca. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- HDTV aims for Europe; Playback Magazine; 2008-07-14
- "BLUE ANT MEDIA AND SMITHSONIAN NETWORKS LAUNCH JOINT VENTURE BLUE SKYE ENTERTAINMENT". Blue Ant Media.
- "Love Nature, a New 4K (Ultra-HD) Wildlife and Nature Video Streaming Service, Launches in 32 Countries Worldwide". www.businesswire.com. 22 February 2016.
- "Love Nature lands on Singapore's StarHub". Retrieved 30 March 2019.
- Jarco Kriek (31 January 2019). "Ziggo voegt nieuwe zender toe" (in Dutch). TotaalTV.nl.