Love That Man
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|"Love That Man"|
|Single by Whitney Houston|
|from the album Just Whitney...|
|Released||May 20, 2003 (US)
November 25, 2003 (UK)
|Format||2× vinyl, 12", Digital Download|
|Writer(s)||Babyface, Rob Fusari, Calvin Gaines, Eritza Laues, Bill Lee, Balewa Muhammad|
|Producer(s)||Babyface, Rob Fusari|
|Whitney Houston singles chronology|
"Love That Man" is a song by American R&B-pop singer Whitney Houston, released in 2003 and is featured on her album, Just Whitney.... The song was the final single released from the album. The track was commissioned as a remix single in the U.S.
The remixes were done by Peter Rauhofer and Pound Boys. No music video was released to accompany the single.
The release became Houston's 12th number-one hit on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Play chart.
BBC Music reviewer Keysha Davids wrote: "'Love That Man' sounds suspiciously like an ode to her much criticised hubby. Here Whitney comes across as soulful and sincere as she ooohs and aaahs in the right places. The mid-tempo track harks back to 80s soul with its simple bass line, and unfussy production." Andreman, Joan of Boston Globe panned the single with "stands by her bad boy."
- U.S 12" vinyl (82876 52396 1)
- "Love That Man" (Peter Rauhofer New NYC Mix) – 10:11
- "Love That Man" (Peter Rauhofer Retro Mix) – 8:20
- "Love That Man" (Pound Boys Love That Mix) – 7:45
- "Love That Man" (Pound Boys Love That Dub) – 7:16
- "Love That Man" (Peter Rauhofer Radio Edit)
- "Love That Man" (Peter Rauhofer Future Mix)
- "Love That Man" (Pound Boys R&B Remix)
- The Peter Rauhofer remix of "Love That Man" is also featured on the 2003 remix album, Ultimate Dance Divas.
- The Pound Boys R&B Remix is available on the "One of Those Days" CD single.
|US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)||1|
|U.S. Dance/Club-Play Singles||43|
Chart procession and succession
"If That's Love" by Laura Pausini
|U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Club Play number-one single
June 21, 2003
"Getaway" by Becky Baeling
- Music Album Review: Whitney Houston - Just Whitney....BBC.UK
- Houston, We Still Have a Problem.Boston News
- "Whitney Houston - Love That Man (Vinyl)". Discogs.com. Retrieved October 3, 2010.
- "Ultimate Dance Divas - Amazon.com". Amazon.com. Retrieved October 3, 2010.
- "Whitney Houston – Chart history" Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs for Whitney Houston.
- "2003 Year-end Charts - Billboard Hot Dance Music/Club Play Titles". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. December 27, 2003. Retrieved July 24, 2011.
|This 2000s pop song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|