Love Thy Neighbor (TV series)
|Love Thy Neighbor|
|Created by||Tyler Perry|
|Developed by||Tyler Perry|
|Written by||Tyler Perry|
|Directed by||Tyler Perry|
|Theme music composer||Elvin D. Ross|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||6|
|No. of episodes||130 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Tyler Perry|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Tyler Perry Studios|
|Original channel||Oprah Winfrey Network|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original release||May 29, 2013– present|
Love Thy Neighbor is American sitcom television series on the Oprah Winfrey Network that debuted on May 29, 2013. The series is written, directed and produced by Tyler Perry. It also acquired the second highest series premiere on the Oprah Winfrey Network, second to Perry's other program on the network The Haves and the Have Nots."
Season 3 of Love Thy Neighbor premiered on Wednesday, January 7, 2015. On February 27, 2015, the series was renewed for the fourth season, and premiered on Friday, June 26, 2015.
Love Thy Neighbor is a half-hour sitcom revolving around diner owner Hattie Mae Love and her middle-class family's daily triumphs and struggles. The focal point of the show is a location known as the Love Train Diner, an old locomotive car converted to a diner that serves up all of Hattie Mae’s old recipes. It is the neighborhood hang out spot that, along with great food, serves up a whole lot of fun and offers advice to its customers in all walks of life. It also deals with all the drama that Linda faces in her life from bad husbands, to bad boyfriends, to good ones to having a baby girl.
Cast and characters
- Patrice Lovely as Hattie Mae Love, Linda's cantankerous mother and owner of the Love Train Diner. Hattie is the most vivacious 75-year-old woman you'll ever meet[according to whom?] and although she cares deeply for her daughter and grandson she is a strong believer in "tough love".
- Palmer Williams Jr. as Floyd Stanley Jackson (from House of Payne) is Linda and Danny's uncle, through his late brother’s marriage to Hattie. Floyd is often jovial and sarcastic, he is the superintendent of the apartment building where Danny and his friends live, but he also works at the diner. (At the end of many Tyler Perry plays that Williams has been in, Perry has told him he's "gotta get him his own show".)
- Kendra C. Johnson as Linda Mae Love-Harris, Danny's mother and Hattie's daughter. Despite going through a divorce with her ex-husband Lionel, Linda is often optimistic and cheerful. She is not particularly skilled at anything, but begins working at the diner in episode 6. In the season 2 finale she becomes pregnant with Phillips child. She is clueless that she has feelings for Phillip till he doesn't return the ones he earlier had.She is furious that her son got married in Vegas. In the season 4 finale her water breaks in the diner. 
- Andre Hall as Danny Harris , Linda's 24-year-old son, and Hattie's grandson. Danny is an industrious, sensitive, and straight-laced young man, who could be considered a "mama's boy" since he's very protective of his mother. He begins work at the internet design firm Beagal and Steve after some persuasion from his best friends, Sam and Drew.He is happy about the idea of his mom getting remarried because of the person. He knows about Drew's crush on him he doesn't feel the same.He takes care and watches her cousin for him and falls in love with her and they get married in Vegas. 
- Zulay Henao as Marianna Perez (Season 1), just moved from Chicago to Atlanta, where she is the manager of the Atlanta office of Beagal and Steve. Henao confirmed via Twitter that she does not appear in the second season.
- Jonathan Chase as Sam Parker, a self-proclaimed "wild man", Sam is Danny's immature, irresponsible, and selfish best friend, coworker and roommate who sleeps with practically any girl he finds hot. He is very attracted to Marianna (However, the feeling is not mutual) and he parties almost every night, this is put to a stop in episode 12.
- Darmirra Brunson as Drew Scott, Danny's eccentric friend and coworker, who also happens to have a crush on him. She lived with Marianna in her freshman year at college and has hated her since, because she was the "coat rack" at all of the parties.
- Tony Grant as Philip, a man with a crush on Linda who has two kids with his first wife. He kissed Linda many times while she was already in a relationship. After Linda's last boyfriend hurt her, she went to see Phillip and had sex. The next day she dumps him. Later Linda becomes pregnant with his child. In the season 3 finale he asks Linda to marry him. He was a recurring character in season 2. In season 3 he became a part of main cast.During season 4 he asked Linda 2 move in with him.
It was announced on August 21, 2013, that OWN had renewed the series for a second season of 26 episodes, bringing Love Thy Neighbor to a total of 52 episodes in total. Season 2 of Love Thy Neighbor premiered on January 8, 2014, and the season finale aired on September 10, 2014. Season 3 of Love Thy Neighbor premiered on January 7, 2015, and the season finale aired on March 18, 2015.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||26||May 29, 2013||August 21, 2013|
|2||26||January 8, 2014||September 10, 2014|
|3||11||January 7, 2015||March 18, 2015|
|4||11||June 26, 2015||July 31, 2015|
|5||21||November 6 , 2015|
- Kondolojy, Amanda (January 5, 2013). "OWN Announces New Original Programming for 2013 and Closes Out 2012 With Double-Digit Ratings Gains". Zap2It. Retrieved January 5, 2013.
- Molloy, Tim (January 5, 2013). "OWN Announces Tyler Perry's Answer to 'Downton Abbey'". Yahoo. Retrieved January 6, 2013.
- Rick Kissell @ratesrick. "TV Ratings – ‘Love Thy Neighbor’ Off to a Promising Start On OWN". Variety. Retrieved May 31, 2013.
- Stanhope, Kate (January 5, 2013). "OWN Schedules Downton-Like Drama From Tyler Perry; Oprah to Interview Whitney Houston's Mom". TV Guide. Retrieved January 6, 2013.
- John Schneider Among Actors Cast In Tyler Perry’s Two OWN Series
- "Highlighted Role; Gorgeous 25-30 Year Old Female For A SAG-AFTRA Pilot (Shaunda G Jones Casting/ Tyler Perry Directing)". CAZT. Retrieved January 6, 2013.
- Henao, Zulay (January 8, 2014). "#LoveThyNeighbor fans! Sadly because of scheduling conflicts I couldn't join my amazing cast this season:( But I will be watching! #Family". Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (August 21, 2013). "OWN Doubles Episode Order of Tyler Perry's Popular Comedy 'Love Thy Neighbor'". TV by the Numbers.