Love and Paranoia
|Love and Paranoia|
|Studio album by Regurgitator|
|Released||15 September 2007 (Aus)
1 September 2008 (UK)
27 April 2009 (US)
|Polaroids of Androids||(5.8/10)|
Love and Paranoia is the sixth album by Regurgitator. It was released in Australia on 15 September 2007 and was inspired by 1980s rock. The first single was Blood & Spunk which received high rotation on Triple J. The animated video for this track was produced by Quan Yeomans in Hong Kong. As the album's title track suggests, several songs are unguardedly romantic, while others touch on the paranoia, fear and resulting insularity in these politically conservative days. The majority of the album was recorded mid-2007 in Brazil. The album is also the first to feature new member Seja Vogel who provides keyboards and vocals. A video was filmed in Sydney and released in January 2008. While there has been no official word of a third single, Destroy This Town was uploaded to the band's MySpace site which included a cover art picture for the song.
The band toured the album extensively throughout Australia and it was also featured on the 2008 Big Day Out tour. In October 2008, the band headed to the UK, where it had not played for five years, in support of the release before heading to Asia, including their first tour of China, to finish the Love and Paranoia tour.
- "Blood and Spunk" (Q. Yeomans) – 3:01
- "Drinking Beer is Awesome!" (B. Ely) – 2:10
- "Romance of the Damned" (S. Vogel/Q. Yeomans) – 3:20
- "Love and Paranoia" (Q. Yeomans) – 3:51
- "Hurricane" (B. Ely) – 2:02
- "Destroy This Town" (Q. Yeomans) – 3:19
- "Psychic Dirt" (B. Ely) – 3:05
- "Sun Comes Thru My Window" (B. Ely) – 0:42
- "(Ad Spot)" (Q. Yeomans) – 0:36
- "Magnetic" (S. Vogel) – 2:54
- "Michelle" (Q. Yeomans) – 2:39
- "Armageddon Premonition" (B. Ely) – 4:03
- "Record Reviews » Regurgitator - Love and Paranoia". Polaroids Of Androids. 19 September 2007. Retrieved 29 February 2012.
- Raper, Dan. "Regurgitator: Love and Paranoia < PopMatters". Popmatters.com. Retrieved 29 February 2012.