Love of the Loved
|"Love of the Loved"|
|Single by Cilla Black|
|B-side||"Shy of Love" (Willis)|
|Released||September 27, 1963|
|Label||Parlophone R 5065|
|Cilla Black singles chronology|
"Love of the Loved" is a song written mainly by Paul McCartney, credited to Lennon–McCartney. It is one of his earliest compositions and featured in the Beatles live act in their early days. The group recorded the song at their 1962 audition for Decca Records, but never issued it on any of their official releases. Instead, Cilla Black recorded it for her debut single, which was produced by George Martin. The single reached No. 35 on the UK Singles Chart in October 1963.
Recordings of "Love of the Loved" as the Beatles may have performed it were released as singles by US band The Poppees (1975) and Dutch band RollerCoaster (1980). Other cover versions are available on the 1989 album by Bas Muys entitled Secret Songs: Lennon & McCartney and on the 1998 release It's Four You by the Australian tribute band The Beatnix. It has also been covered by Seattle-based Beatles cover band Apple Jam on their album Off The Beatle Track and on The Weeklings 2016 release "Studio 2", which was recorded at Abbey Road Studios along with 3 other unreleased Lennon/McCartney/Harrison compositions.
- Cilla Black – lead vocals
- Don McGinty - drums
- "UK Official Charts: Cilla Black". Official Charts Company. 2019. Retrieved 2 February 2019.
- "Bas Muys, Lennon & McCartney Secret Songs (Vinyl)". Tagtuner.com. 2006-12-18. Retrieved 2011-08-21.
- "Bas Muys – Lennon & McCartney Secret Songs (Vinyl)". Gnudb.org. Retrieved 2011-08-21.
- "It's Four You". Answers.com. 1998-08-21. Retrieved 2011-08-21.
- "It's Four You". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2011-08-21.
- "I Saw Her Standing There (2CD) by The Beatles / Our Blog". Spin CDs. 2013-01-21. Retrieved 2016-09-27.
- Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
- "Love Of The Loved, performed by The Beatles at their audition at Decca Records". YouTube.com.
- "Love Of The Loved, performed by Cilla Black (Original recording)". YouTube.com.
- "Love Of The Loved, performed by Cilla Black with the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra". YouTube.com.
|This 1960s pop song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|