Love on the Run (1979 film)
|Love on the Run|
Original film poster
|Directed by||François Truffaut|
|Produced by||Marcel Berbert
|Written by||François Truffaut
|Music by||Georges Delerue|
|Edited by||Martine Barraqué-Curie|
Les Films du Carrosse
|Box office||437,522 admissions (France)|
Love on the Run (French: L'amour en fuite) is a 1979 French film directed by François Truffaut. It is Truffaut's fifth and final film about the character Antoine Doinel. A significant portion of the film is made up of selected clips from the previous films in the series. It was entered into the 29th Berlin International Film Festival.
In the previous Antoine Doinel film, Bed and Board, the marriage between Antoine (Jean-Pierre Léaud) and Christine (Claude Jade) had survived Antoine's infidelity. Love on the Run is set eight years later when Antoine is over thirty. Having an affair with Christine's friend Liliane (Dani) and divorced Christine, he gets a job as a proofreader, and falls in love with Sabine, a record seller. He also writes an autobiographical novel. He meets Colette (Marie-France Pisier), his teenage love who had appeared in Antoine and Colette, and who is now a lawyer. They impulsively go on a train journey and read Antoine's novel. However, later follows a meeting between Colette and Christine: His romance with Sabine is as complicated and unstable, and it turns out that two of his former flames, Christine and Colette, play a pivotal role in helping him find happiness.
The film holds a rating of 67% on Rotten Tomatoes.
- Jean-Pierre Léaud as Antoine Doinel
- Claude Jade as Christine Doinel
- Marie-France Pisier as Colette
- Dorothée as Sabine Barnerias
- Dani as Liliane
- Daniel Mesguich as Xavier Barnerias
- Julien Bertheau as Monsieur Lucien
- Jean-Pierre Ducos as Christine's lawyer
- Marie Henriau as the Judge
- Rosy Varte as Colette's mother
- Julien Dubois as Alphonse Doinel
- Pierre Dios as M. Renard
- Alain Ollivier as the judge in Aix
- Monique Dury as Mme. Ida
- Emmanuel Clot as the friend at the printing press
- Box Office information for Francois Truffaut films at Box Office Story
- "IMDB.com: Awards for Love on the Run". imdb.com. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "rottentomatoes.com". rottentomatoes.com. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
- Allen, Don. Finally Truffaut. New York: Beaufort Books. 1985. ISBN 0-8253-0335-4. OCLC 12613514. pp. 237-238.
- Love on the Run at the Internet Movie Database
- Love on the Run at AllMovie
- Criterion Collection essay by Chris Fujiwara
|This article related to a French film of the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a romantic drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|