|Origin||Canton, Ohio, U.S.|
|Labels||The Militia Group|
|Members||Geri and Greg Hooley-Producers
Lovedrug is an alternative/indie rock band formed in Alliance, Ohio in 2002 by singer/guitarist Michael Shepard.
Lovedrug released their first EP, the Lovedrug EP, with the follow-up EP, the Rocknroll EP, coming in mid-2004. After signing to The Militia Group, an indie-rock label, the band released their first full-length Pretend You're Alive on July 27, 2004. The album was produced by Tim Patalan, and featured dark, guitar-driven art rock. The album became the label's fastest selling debut ever, selling close to 20,000 copies in the first few months of release. The record and band were thus up-streamed to major label parent Columbia Records at the end of 2005, though the re-release of Pretend You're Alive, and accompanying radio single for "Spiders", were undercut by tremendous corporate purging that plagued Columbia Records throughout 2005 and 2006.
Lovedrug toured heavily from 2004 through early 2007, including support dates with The Killers, Robert Plant, Switchfoot, and Coheed and Cambria, Matchbook Romance and several headlining runs, establishing a sizable American following. By late 2006, Lovedrug had a new album's worth of material and, to avoid continued upheaval at Columbia, returned to The Militia Group to release Everything Starts Where It Ends, again produced by Tim Patalan, on March 7, 2007. The album was well received, selling close to 30k albums in several months on the back of Japanese and North American touring, including two headline runs and tours with Sparta, Blue October, and The Plain White Ts. The video for "Ghost By Your Side" was added to regular rotation on MTV and the college/indie single "Happy Apple Poison" charted in the top 10.
The band's third album, The Sucker Punch Show, was made with iconic 90s rock producer Michael Beinhorn (Soundgarden, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Mew) at the Red Bull Studios in Santa Monica, CA. Though the October 28, 2008 release coincided with the bankruptcy and collapse of The Militia Group in North America, the album was especially well received when re-released in Europe on June 2, 2009 with Make My Day Records, landing at No. 6 on the Visions summer chart, garnering broad radio play for the single "Only One". The Euro version of The Sucker Punch Show included a full-length alternate version of the album entitled "Sucker Punched (Alt. LP)". The band toured Europe in June and July, playing a number of club shows and festivals with Kings of Leon, Nine Inch Nails, Silversun Pickups, and Eagles of Death Metal.
March 2010 saw EP - Part I, the first installment in a series of three EPs collectively logoed "+/-", coinciding with the band's appearances at the South By Southwest conference in Austin Texas and a number of surrounding touring dates including Bamboozle at Giants Stadium. EP - Part II followed on June 13, 2010, along with another three-week headlining tour in the U.S. In November the band announced I AM LOVEDRUG, a fan-driven campaign in partnership with PledgeMusic to fund the recording and setup of album No. 4,. The band reached its goal over the holiday, released the final EP Part III in January 2011, and head into the studio in March and April with producer Paul Moak in Nashville.
The first two singles from Wild Blood were released together as the split-single Pink Champagne / Dinosaur on September 6, 2011. The music video for Dinosaur, written and directed by Shepard, was premiered by Filter (magazine) the following week. At a recent show in Chicago, the band played 3 new songs from the release: "Anodyne", "Revival", and "Wild Blood". The album was produced and engineered by Paul Moak at The Smoakstack and was released to stores on March 6, 2012. The band toured extensively before and after the album release, performing over 50 dates in North American from February through May 2012, and including direct support from The Last Royals, Kingsfoil, and others.
|9.||"We Were Owls"||3:58|
- Current members
- Michael Shepard - vocals, guitar
- Jessica Shepard - keyboards, piano, background vocals
- Wesley Chandler - guitar
- Patrick Boyle - guitar
- Richard Condon - bass
- Brian Ganch - drums
Full Length albums
- Pretend You're Alive (2004) The Militia Group / Columbia Records
- Everything Starts Where It Ends (2007) The Militia Group / Lovedrugmusic
- The Sucker Punch Show (2008/2009) The Militia Group / Make My Day Records
- Wild Blood (March 6, 2012) Lovedrugmusic
- Pretend Your Alive - rarities version 10-year edition (July 27, 2014) Lovedrugmusic
- Notions (September 4, 2015) Lovedrugmusic
- Lovedrug EP (2002)
- Rocknroll EP (2004)
- Everything Starts... EP (October 24, 2006)
- This Is The End EP (2008 - digital bonus tracks with album pre-order))
- Sucker Punched (Alt. LP) (2009)
- Everything Starts Live Tour - bootleg (2010)
- EP - Part I (2010)
- EP - Part II (2010)
- EP - Part III (January 2011)
- Pink Champagne / Dinosaur - single (September 6, 2011)
- Sessions EP (September 6, 2012)
- "" Event does not exist". Mercury Lounge. Retrieved October 12, 2015.
- "HugeDomains.com - JiveMagazine.com is for Sale (Jive Magazine)". jivemagazine.com. Retrieved October 12, 2015.
- "You Must Login - AbsolutePunk.net". absolutepunk.net. Retrieved October 12, 2015.
- "Lovedrug: granted release from Columbia Records - Puddlegum". puddlegum.net. Retrieved October 12, 2015.
- "Lovedrug". Punknews.org. Retrieved October 12, 2015.
- Niet compatibele browser | Facebook
- "Hurricane Festival 2009". efestivals.co.uk. Retrieved October 12, 2015.
- "Lovedrug - EP - Part I - Amazon.com Music". amazon.com. Retrieved October 12, 2015.
- Slacker, Inc. "AOL Radio Stations". AOL Radio. Retrieved October 12, 2015.
- Lovedrug To Tour This Summer; Band To Release Two New EPs
- I AM LOVEDRUG: The Making of an Album: Lovedrug Give Fans Unique and Exclusive Access to New Album | MusicThread.net
- "I AM LOVEDRUG". PledgeMusic. Retrieved October 12, 2015.
- "I AM LOVEDRUG". PledgeMusic. Retrieved October 12, 2015.
- "FILTER Magazine - Media - WATCH: Lovedrug “Dinosaur” (FILTER Premiere)". filtermagazine.com. Retrieved October 12, 2015.
- iTunes Store
- "Lovedrug". PledgeMusic. Retrieved October 12, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lovedrug.|