Loveholic (TV series)
|Written by||Lee Hyang-hee|
|Directed by||Lee Gun-joon
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||16|
|Running time||Mondays and Tuesdays at 21:55 (KST)|
|Original network||Korean Broadcasting System|
|Original release||May 2– June 21, 2005|
|Preceded by||18 vs. 29|
|Followed by||Ice Girl|
Loveholic (Hangul: 러브홀릭; RR: Reobeuhollik) is a 2005 South Korean television series starring Kangta, Kim Min-sun, Lee Sun-kyun and Yoo In-young. It aired on KBS2 from May 2 to June 21, 2005 on Mondays and Tuesdays at 21:55 for 16 episodes.
In a high school in Chuncheon, a rebellious, disobedient student named Seo Kang-wook meets a young and naive teacher Lee Yeol-joo, and despite everything, they fall in love.
Initially, Yeol-joo paid a lot of attention to Kang-wook, recognizing his inherent intelligence and talent and hoping to steer him to the good path. This attention later coalesced into attraction and then love, grudgingly admitted. Yeol-joo herself was in an apparently steady relationship with a promising police inspector, Kim Tae-hyun, who cares for her a whole lot more than she does in return.
A narcoleptic, Yeol-joo accidentally kills one of Kang-wook's friends, but she passes out and remembers nothing. To protect her, Kang-wook takes the blame and goes to jail, but not before convincing Yeol-joo that her memory of killing the man was just an episode of narcoleptic hallucination.
Five years later, Kang-wook finishes his sentence, but Yeol-joo is now engaged to Tae-hyun. Still unaware that she is the real killer, both Kang-wook and Tae-hyun work together to protect her from the truth. Later learning what sacrifice he has made for her, Yeol-joo wants to return to Kang-wook, but this time Kang-wook is not alone—Ja-kyung, his former classmate and currently a radio program host, is beside him. The circumstances hamper Yeol-joo from loving Kang-wook, but she is desperate to help him recover the lost five years and become a top-notch cook.
- Kangta as Seo Kang-wook
- Kim Min-sun as Lee Yeol-joo
- Lee Sun-kyun as Kim Tae-hyun
- Yoo In-young as Yoon Ja-kyung
- Kang In-hyung as Jung Ho-tae
- Jung Hye-sun as Jo In-ja (Kang-wook's grandmother)
- Yang Geum-seok as Park Soo-jin (Tae-hyun's mother)
- Jung Dong-hwan as Kim Soo-bong (Tae-hyun's father)
- Lee Hye-sook as Im Young-ae (Yeol-joo's mother)
- Lee Kyung-pyo as Cha Hwa-young (Ja-kyung's mother)
- Park Hyo-jun as Park Kyung-oh
- Jung Eun-pyo as Han Young-gil
- Kim Hee-chul as Joo Ho (Young chef) - (Cameo)
- Han, Eun-jung (24 April 2005). "Singer Kangta Makes Acting Debut". The Korea Times via Hancinema. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "CF Model Yoo In-young to Debut as Actress in KBS Miniseries". KBS Global. 14 March 2005. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Actress Jeong Hye-seon devotes 43 years to acting". KBS Global via Hancinema. 2 May 2005. Retrieved 2013-08-13.