Lovelady Independent School District
The district has two campuses - Lovelady Junior High/High School (Grades 7-12) and Lovelady Elementary/Middle School (Grades PK-8).
On April 13, 2014, there was minor damage at the High School after a tornado ripped through the town.
Lovelady ISD is one of the few districts in Texas that does not allow out of district transfers, with the exception of children of nonresident employees.
Lovelady consolidated with Pearson Chapel, Weldon, Cutt, Austonio, and Creek Schools, all during World War II except Austionio, which was in 1964.
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2015-10-25.
- Perkinson, Robert. Texas Tough: The Rise of America's Prison Empire. First Edition. Metropolitan Books, 2010. p. 45. ISBN 978-0-8050-8069-8. "Most of them lived in state-issued housing on the units, as he still does."
- "School District Locator Archived 2011-02-19 at the Wayback Machine.." (Available for download here Archived 2011-02-20 at the Wayback Machine., see instructions for how to use the files here Archived 2012-05-03 at the Wayback Machine.) Texas Education Agency. Retrieved on August 27, 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-04-15. Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- Long, Marvin. "ADMISSIONS: INTERDISTRICT TRANSFERS - FDA(LOCAL) - Lovelady ISD". pol.tasb.org. Retrieved 2018-05-13.