|Lovelady Independent School District|
11839 Texas State Highway 19 South
Lovelady, Texas, 75851
|NCES District ID||4828410|
|Students and staff|
The district has two campuses - Lovelady Junior High/High School (Grades 7-12) and Lovelady Elementary/Middle School (Grades PK-8).
On April 13, 2014, there was minor damage at the High School after a tornado ripped through the town.
Lovelady ISD is one of the few districts in Texas that does not allow out of district transfers, with the exception of children of nonresident employees.
Lovelady consolidated with Pearson Chapel, Weldon, Cutt, Austonio, and Creek Schools, all during World War II except Austionio, which was in 1964.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for LOVELADY ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 2022-03-05.
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2015-10-25.
- Perkinson, Robert. Texas Tough: The Rise of America's Prison Empire. First Edition. Metropolitan Books, 2010. p. 45. ISBN 978-0-8050-8069-8. "Most of them lived in state-issued housing on the units, as he still does."
- ""2020 CENSUS - SCHOOL DISTRICT REFERENCE MAP: Houston County, TX" (PDF). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2023-01-14. - Indicates school district boundaries. Compare to county map.
- "2020 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Houston County, TX" (PDF). U.S. Census Bureau. p. 26 (PDF p. 27/30). Retrieved 2023-01-14. - Indicates the location of the Wainwright (then Eastham) Unit. Compare to school district map.
- "Sheriff: Mobile home park, school damaged by possible tornado in Lovelady | khou.com Houston". Archived from the original on 2014-04-15. Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- Long, Marvin. "ADMISSIONS: INTERDISTRICT TRANSFERS - FDA(LOCAL) - Lovelady ISD". pol.tasb.org. Retrieved 2018-05-13.