Loveland City School District
|Loveland City Schools|
|Loveland, Ohio, United States|
|Type||City school district|
|Superintendent||Chad Hilliker (May 2013–present)|
|Students and staff|
The Loveland City School District, known locally as Loveland City Schools, is a city school district that covers more than 15 square miles (39 km2) in three counties — Clermont, Hamilton, and Warren — in the U.S. state of Ohio. The district encompasses the city of Loveland and reaches into Goshen, Hamilton, Miami, and Symmes Townships. Loveland Schools serves a population of 50,000 residents, including the city of Loveland. Fewer than 40% of students reside in the city proper. As of 2007[update], Loveland Schools' current student enrollment is 4,800 in six schools. Until May 2013, the district superintendent is Chad Hilliker.
- Loveland Early Childhood Center (Kindergarten and first grade)
- Loveland Primary School (grades 1–2)
- Loveland Elementary School (grades 3–4)
- Loveland Intermediate School (grades 5–6)
- Loveland Middle School (grades 7–8)
- Loveland High School (grades 9–12)
Until 1926, Loveland was served by separate Loveland East and Loveland West districts, each with its own high school.
- Hoffman, Jason (2013-04-17). "Loveland Schools names new assistant superintendent". The Loveland Herald. The Community Press. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
The Loveland City School District found its replacement for Chad Hilliker, assistant superintendent of human resources, who takes over as district superintendent May 1.
- Houck, Jeanne (2008-04-28). "Loveland, school board at odds – again – over annexing high school". The Loveland Herald. Gannett Company. Retrieved 2008-04-28.
- "Fast Facts". Loveland City School District. 2009-08-25. Retrieved 2010-10-21.
- "The Loveland School". The Cincinnati Enquirer. 23 (104). September 22, 1847. p. 4. (Subscription required (. ))
- "Fire in Loveland". The Cincinnati Enquirer. 45 (105). April 15, 1887. p. 4. (Subscription required (. ))
The building is of brick, and was built in 1874, at a cost of $20,000.
- "History of the Loveland Area". Loveland Area Chamber of Commerce. 2005. Retrieved 2008-01-29.
|This Hamilton County, Ohio school article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|