|First reported||March, 1955  |
|Other name(s)||Loveland Lizard, Loveland Frogman|
|Habitat||along the Little Miami River|
The Loveland Frog (aka the Loveland Lizard) is a legendary humanoid frog described as standing roughly 4 feet (1.2 m) tall, allegedly spotted in Loveland, Ohio. A local man reported seeing three froglike men at the side of the road in 1955, and a police officer claimed to have seen a similar creature on a bridge in the city in 1972.
University of Cincinnati folklore professor Edgar Slotkin compared the Loveland frog to Paul Bunyan, saying that stories about it have been passed down for "several decades" and that sighting reports seem to come in predictable cycles.
In May 2014, the incidents were made into a musical, titled Hot Damn! It’s the Loveland Frog!.
- West Budd, Deena. 2010. The Weiser Field Guide to Cryptozoology. Weiser Books. pp.43-45.
- Guiley, Rosemary. 1995. Atlas of the Mysterious in North America. p. 103
- Lee, Marika (May 22, 2014). "‘Loveland Frogman’ gets own musical". cincinnati.com. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- "Loveland Frog". Associated Press. October 18, 1985. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- Loveland Frog on The Cryptid Zoo