Lovely Professional University
|Affiliations||UGC, AIU, PCI, NCTE, COA, ACBSP, ACU, ICAR, BCI, DEB|
Lovely Professional University (LPU) is a private university situated in Phagwara, Punjab, India. The university was established in 2005 by Lovely International Trust, under The Lovely Professional University Act, 2005 (Punjab Act 25 of 2005) and started operation in 2006. With 24,000 students in 2010, it claims to be the largest single-campus private university in India.
In India, LPU is recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC), the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) and the Council of Architecture (COA) and approved by the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI). It is also a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
LPU's School of Agriculture is accredited by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). Internationally, LPU is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) and a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU). The School of Law is temporarily approved by the Bar Council of India (BCI) until 2018–2019. The distance education programmes are approved by the Distance Education Bureau (DEB).
LPU includes the following schools:
- Mittal School of Business
- School of Computer Science and Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Civil Engineering
- School of Electronics & Electrical Engineering
- School of Bioengineering and Biosciences
- School of Architecture and Design
- School of Hotel Management and Tourism
- School of Computer Application
- School of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- School of Agriculture
- School of Fashion Design
- School of Journalism, Films and Creative Arts
- School of Chemical Engineering and Physical Sciences
- School of Law
- School of Polytechnic
- School of Physiotherapy and Paramedical Sciences
- School of Education
- School of Physical Education
- School of Social Sciences And Languages
|Business/Management – India|
|Pharmacy – India|
- "University leaders, university founder, Entrepreneurial university leaders". Lovely Professional University. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "State-wise List of Private Universities as on 29.06.2017" (PDF). ugc.ac.in. University Grants Commission. 29 June 2017. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- "The Lovely Professional University Act, 2005" (PDF). Punjab Government Gazette. Government of Punjab. 26 December 2005. Retrieved 17 July 2017.
- Chander Suta Dogra (23 August 2010). "A Lovely Story Indeed". Outlook India. Retrieved 17 July 2017.
- Khaliq, Ariba (18 June 2019). "Why LPU is one of the top places to study engineering and other courses". The Times of India. Retrieved 10 April 2020.
- "State -wise List of Private Universities as on 29.06.2017" (PDF). www.ugc.ac.in. University Grants Commission. 29 June 2017. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "NRC – Search". www.nrcncte.in. National Council for Teacher Education Northern Regional Committee, Jaipur. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "Status With Intake of Architectural Institutions in India as on August 30, 2017". Council of Architecture. 30 August 2017. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "Approved Degree institutions u/s 12". www.pci.nic.in. Pharmacy Council of India. Archived from the original on 29 March 2016. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "AIU Members". www.aiu.ac.in. Association of Indian Universities. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "Status of NAEAB Accredited Agriculture Universities/Colleges" (PDF). Indian Council of Agricultural Research. Retrieved 4 April 2019.
- "ACBSP Grants Accreditation to 22 Colleges and Universities in Four Countries – Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs". www.acbsp.org. Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs. Retrieved 5 September 2017.
- "ACU members". www.acu.ac.uk. Association of Commonwealth Universities. Retrieved 5 September 2017.
- Bar Council of India (12 September 2016). "Temporary approval of affiliation" (PDF). Letter to Lovely Professional University. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- Distance Education Bureau (18 October 2018). "Commission decision" (PDF). Letter to Lovely Professional University. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- "Lovely Professional University home page". www.lpu.in. Retrieved 18 May 2018. Click on "Schools".
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2019 (Management)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2019.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2019 (Pharmacy)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lovely Professional University.|