Lovers (TV series)
|Created by||Kim Eun-sook
|Based on||Turn Around and Leave
by Lee Man-hee
|Written by||Kim Eun-sook|
|Directed by||Shin Woo-chul|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||20|
|Running time||Wednesdays and Thursdays at 21:55|
|Original network||Seoul Broadcasting System|
|Original release||November 8, 2006– January 11, 2007|
|Preceded by||Korea Secret Agency|
|Followed by||Surgeon Bong Dal-hee|
Lovers (Hangul: 연인; RR: Yeon-in) is a South Korean television series starring Kim Jung-eun and Lee Seo-jin who play a plastic surgeon and a gangster who enter into an unlikely romance. It aired on SBS from November 8, 2006 to January 11, 2007 on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 21:55 for 20 episodes.
It is the third and final installment of the "Lovers" trilogy by writer Kim Eun-sook and director Shin Woo-chul. Unlike previous installments Lovers in Paris (which Kim also starred in) and Lovers in Prague which were partly shot in Europe, Lovers filmed on location in China's Hainan Island.
Yoon Mi-ju (Kim Jung-eun) is the daughter of a reverend, who has adopted many children and set up an orphanage, and works as a plastic surgeon in a hospital, although her dream is to open a clinic of her own. Ha Kang-jae (Lee Seo-jin) is an orphan raised by Kang Choong-shik, a gangland boss, and his trusty right hand. The two meet when Mi-ju mistakes Kang-jae for her adoptive sister's former boyfriend, who dumped her after discovering she was pregnant; as Mi-ju learns a little later, Kang-jae is actually in a relationship with Park Yu-jin (Kim Gyu-ri), Mi-ju's neighbor. Kang-jae is also the potential buyer for the land that houses Reverend Yoon's orphanage, and that Mi-ju wants to sell, not knowing that the land and the house are at risk for seizure because of his father. When Kang-jae is wounded by some Chinese gangsters, Mi-ju treats him and he begins to fall for her; meanwhile, Kang Se-yeon (Jung Chan), son of the boss Kang-jae works for, falls in love with Mi-ju, who his mother wants as a daughter in law because she considers her a good catch.
- Lee Seo-jin as Ha Kang-jae
- Kim Jung-eun as Yoon Mi-ju
- Jung Chan as Kang Se-yeon
- Kim Gyu-ri as Park Yu-jin
- Lee Han as Tae-san
- Yeon Mi-joo as Choi Yoon
- Lee Ki-young as Uhm Sang-taek
- Park In-hwan as Reverend Yoon Mok-sa
- Choi Ha-na as Hong Soon-jung
- Yoo Jung-hyun as Seol Won-chul
- Choi Il-hwa as Kang Choong-shik
- Yang Geum-seok as Jung Yang-geum
- Kim Roi-ha as Nam Chang-bae
- Jang Hang-sun
- Kim Ki-bang
Source: TNS Media Korea
- Cho, Chung-un (11 December 2006). "HERALD INTERVIEW: Actor Lee Seo-jin seeks versatility". The Korea Herald via Hancinema. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
- "Kim Jeong-eun admits romance". The Korea Herald via Hancinema. 16 April 2007. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
- Garcia, Cathy Rose A. (17 April 2007). "Celebrity Romance Heats Up". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
- "Lovers (DVD) (SBS TV Drama) (English Subtitled) (Korea Version)". YesAsia. Retrieved 2013-04-27.