Lovestruck: The Musical
|Lovestruck: The Musical|
|Written by||Jaylynn Bailey
|Directed by||Sanaa Hamri|
|Theme music composer||George S. Clinton|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||120 minutes|
Lovestruck: The Musical is an American romance jukebox musical television film that premiered on April 21, 2013 on ABC Family. The film is directed by Sanaa Hamri and produced by Gaylyn Fraiche and Salli Newman. It stars Drew Seeley, Chelsea Kane, Sara Paxton, Jane Seymour and Tom Wopat.
Harper Hutton was once a Broadway dance star until a leg injury cut her career short. While she has gone on to be a successful choreographer, Harper still wishes for the stardom denied to her. She has pushed her daughter Mirabella in her place, going so far as to produce an entire show around her. However, Mirabella tells her mother that she has fallen in love with Marco and is flying to Italy to marry him. Convinced the man is up to no good and will ruin Mirabella's life, Harper prepares to follow Mirabella but when she drinks a "youth potion," she finds herself transformed into her 25-year-old self. Now using the alias of Debbie Hayworth, Harper befriends her daughter to ruin the wedding but when her ex-husband, Ryan, recognizes her, she uses the potion on him as well. As she realizes she may have misjudged Marco and her daughter's wishes for her life, Harper also finds herself with a second chance to get her own love right.
- Drew Seeley as Ryan Hutton / Angus
- Chelsea Kane as Harper Hutton / Debbie Hayworth
- Sara Paxton as Mirabella Hutton
- Tom Wopat as Ryan Hutton (at 55)
- Jane Seymour as Harper Hutton (at 55)
- Alexander DiPersia as Marco Vitturi
- Adrienne Bailon as Noelle
- Patrick Jordan as the Guard
- Sarab Kamoo as Amanda
- Zak Resnick as the DJ
- David Santiago as the Wedding Magistrate
- Mark Tallman as Scott
- "Just Dance": Performed by Jane Seymour
- "I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)": Performed by Chelsea Kane
- "Me Too (Stripped)": Performed by Sara Paxton and Jeff Lewis (singing voice of Marco Vitturi)
- "Like a Virgin": Performed by Sara Paxton, Adrienne Bailon, Chelsea Kane
- "How Can I Remember to Forget?": Performed by Sara Paxton
- "DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love": Performed by Drew Seeley and Chelsea Kane
- "Me Too (Main Mix)": Performed by Sara Paxton and Jeff Lewis
- "Everlasting Love": Performed by Adrienne Bailon, Sara Paxton, Jeff Lewis and Cast
- "Here and Now": Performed by Drew Seeley
- "‘Lovestruck: The Musical’ vs. ‘Remember Sunday’: The battle of the TV movie - Zap2it". Blog.zap2it.com. 2013-04-21. Retrieved 2013-05-19.
- Genzlinger, Neil (2013-04-19). "Television Review: Magic Potion for a Mom on a Mission". The New York Times. Retrieved 2013-05-19.
- "'Lovestruck: The Musical': Sara Paxton Previews ABC Family Movie". Hollywoodreporter.com. 2013-04-20. Retrieved 2013-05-19.