Lovett Bay, New South Wales
Sydney, New South Wales
|Population||153 (2016 census)|
|Elevation||13 m (43 ft)|
|Location||36 km (22 mi) north of Sydney CBD|
|LGA(s)||Northern Beaches Council|
Lovett Bay is a suburb and adjacent bay in northern Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia. It is 36 kilometres north of the Sydney central business district, in the local government area of Northern Beaches Council.
Lovett Bay is in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, on the western shores of Pittwater, beside Elvina Bay. Scotland Island, Church Point and Morning Bay are nearby. Although on the mainland, access to Lovett Bay is by water, with no car access. Residents use their own boats to commute to Church Point or use the public ferry service.
Bushwalkers can access the southern shore of Lovett Bay and neighbouring Elvina Bay via:
- Elvina Bay Circuit. The circuit includes access to the bottom and top of Elvina Waterfalls.
- Towlers Bay Circuit. This circuit descends from Birnie Lookout to Lovett Bay.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Lovett Bay". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 17 August 2018.
- "Lovett Bay (suburb)". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- "Lovett Bay (bay)". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- Wild Walks.
- Hiking the World.