|Directed by||Fernando León de Aranoa|
|Written by||Fernando León de Aranoa|
Loving Pablo, Hating Escobar|
by Virginia Vallejo
|Box office||$12.8 million|
Loving Pablo is a 2017 Spanish drama film directed by Fernando León de Aranoa. The movie is based on Virginia Vallejo's bestselling memoir Loving Pablo, Hating Escobar. It was screened Out of Competition in the 74th Venice International Film Festival and in the Special Presentations section at the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival.
- Javier Bardem as Pablo Escobar
- Penélope Cruz as Virginia Vallejo
- Peter Sarsgaard as Shepard
- Julieth Restrepo as Maria Victoria Henao
- David Valencia as Santos
- David Ojalvo as FBI Agent
- Giselle Da Silva as Olguita Arranz
On review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 35% based on 17 reviews, with a weighted average rating of 5.5/10. On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average score of 44 out of 100, based on 4 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews".
In a mixed review, Stanley Widianto, writing for The Jakarta Post, calls the film "a rinse-and-repeat of the tales of the late notorious Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar" that relies on its thriller components. Widianto notes that the film suffers from scattered storytelling and barely succeeds at adding complexity to the story of Escobar.
- "Book: Loving Pablo, Hating Escobar". Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- "Loving Pablo (2018) - International Box Office Results - Box Office Mojo". www.boxofficemojo.com. Retrieved 12 June 2018.
- McNary, Dave (13 May 2015). "Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz Starring in Pablo Escobar Movie". Variety. Cannes. Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- Zsalai, Georg (28 July 2017). "San Sebastian Unveils First Competition Titles, Will Screen Pablo Escobar Film With Javier Bardem". The Hollywood Reporter. San Sebastian. Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- Pond, Steve (15 August 2017). "Aaron Sorkin, Brie Larson, Louis CK Movies Added to Toronto Film Festival Lineup". The Wrap. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- "Loving Pablo (2017)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved 6 March 2018.
- "Loving Pablo Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 6 March 2018.
- Widianto, Stanley (29 June 2018). "Loving Pablo: Another recapitulation of the rise and fall of Pablo Escobar". The Jakarta Post. The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 2018-07-04.
|This article related to a Spanish film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|