Lowell High School (Lowell, Michigan)
|Lowell High School|
Lowell, Michigan 49331
|School type||Public Secondary|
|School district||Lowell Area Schools|
|Student to teacher ratio||21:1|
|Color(s)||Red and black|
|Athletics conference||OK White Conference|
Lowell High School is a coeducational public school located in Lowell, Michigan. The current principal for Lowell High School is Amy Pallo.
Lowell High School currently has:
- Over 60 teachers.
- 21:1 student to teacher ratio
- 12% on Free or Reduced Lunch
- Enrollment: 1300+
Lowell High School is a member of the Michigan High School Athletic Association. It is A Division II school, and all of its teams currently play within the Ottawa-Kent (O.K.) White League. Lowell's nickname is the Red Arrows named for the 32nd Red Arrow Infantry in World War II
Lowell is known for its various athletic teams; however, most known for its football, wrestling, and equestrian teams. Lowell currently has over ten state titles between the 3 teams. On October 29, 2009 the Red Arrow's High School Football team was ranked #1 in the nation on USA Today's Massey Ratings.
State Football Titles: 2002 (Division 2), 2004 (Division 3), 2009 (Division 2)
State Wrestling Titles: 2002, 2004, 2009, 2014 (All Wrestling Division 2)
Lowell's biggest rival is East Grand Rapids.
- Keith Nichol- Michigan State University Wide Receiver.
- Mike Dumas- Former Indiana Safety and Professional Football player who played 8 years in the NFL with 4 different teams.
- Lowell Home Page - Lowell
- Lowell Senior High School in Lowell, Michigan (MI) - Test Results, Rating, Ranking, Grades, Scores, Classes, Enrollment, Teachers, Students, and Report Card
- Lowell Senior High School, Public School Review
- Lowell ranked #1 in Massey football rankings | wzzm13.com
- Yearly Champions | Football | MHSAA Sports
- Team Champions | Wrestling | MHSAA Sports
- Player Bio: Keith Nichol, Michigan State Football