Lowen & Navarro
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (March 2012)
|Lowen & Navarro|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Genres||Folk rock, Adult album alternative|
Lowen & Navarro was a songwriting team composed of David Eric Lowen and Dan Navarro, who met in Los Angeles, California, in the 1980s. They wrote the song "We Belong," which became a major hit for Pat Benatar in 1984. They became active as a performing group in 1987. In 1990, they began to release a number of records of their own, including "Learning To Fall" and "Purpose".
On March 17, 2004, Lowen was diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as Lou Gehrig's disease. Because of compromises to his playing and singing, Lowen & Navarro ceased touring. They played their last shows on June 5, 2009, at the Ramshead in Annapolis, Maryland, and on June 6, 2009, at The Birchmere in Alexandria, Virginia.
Keep The Light Alive: Celebrating The Music of Lowen & Navarro was released November 2009 with Lowen & Navarro songs performed by Jackson Browne, John Ondrasik of Five For Fighting, Keb' Mo', The Bangles, Severin Browne, Joel Rafael, Andy Chase, The Refugees, Freebo, Eddie From Ohio, Phil Parlapiano, Charlie Wadhams, and Stonehoney. The proceeds of the album benefit The Eric Lowen Trust, ALS Association Greater Los Angeles, and Augie's Quest.
Eric Lowen died of complications of ALS on March 23, 2012, aged 60.
- Walking on a Wire (Chameleon Records, 1990)
- Broken Moon (Parachute Records, 1993)
- Walking on a Wire re-release with bonus tracks (Parachute Records, 1994)
- Pendulum (Parachute Records, 1995)
- Live Wire (Intersound, 1997)
- Scratch at the Door (Intersound, 1998)
- Live Radio (Red Hen Records, 2002)
- 3 For The Road (Mad Raine Music, 2003)
- At Long Last...Christmas (Red Hen Records, 2004)
- All the Time in the World (Red Hen Records, 2004)
- Carry On Together (AIX Records, 2005)
- Hogging the Covers (Red Hen Records, 2006)
- Learning To Fall (Red Hen Records, 2008)
- Lowen & Navarro TFV, 1999 VHS
- Live at Kulak's Woodshed, DVD, A concert to benefit the ALS Association Greater Los Angeles (Red Hen 2005)(ALSALA)
- Carry On Together, DVD & CD, (AIX Records 2005)
- Pieces of Time Spent, DVD, (AIX Records 2007)
- Thedeadrockstarsclub.com - accessed March 25, 2012