Lower Peach Tree, Alabama
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Lower Peach Tree, Alabama|
|Elevation||190 ft (60 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
The community was named for a peach tree which stood near the original town site (the town's name was prefixed with "Lower" to avoid repetition with another place called "Peach Tree" in the state).
- James Crawford, former professional basketball player who played in the Australian National Basketball League
- Brenda Lee Eager, soul singer and musical theatre performer. Grew up in Lower Peach Tree.
- Rev. Frank Smith, Wilcox County freedom fighter of the 1960s, educator, community leader, and pastor/evangelist. He successfully challenged the Wilcox County School Board in court, and, in 1980, received damages for his racially motivated termination.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Lower Peach Tree, Alabama
- Moyer, Armond; Moyer, Winifred (1958). The origins of unusual place-names. Keystone Pub. Associates. p. 80.
|This Alabama state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|