From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|• Total||0.7 sq mi (1.8 km2)|
|• Land||0.7 sq mi (1.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||469 ft (143 m)|
|• Density||143/sq mi (55.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Area code(s)||270 & 364|
|GNIS feature ID||497318|
Lowes is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in Graves County, Kentucky, United States. Lowes is 13 miles (21 km) northwest of Mayfield. As of the 2010 census the population of Lowes was 98.
- Alben W. Barkley, U.S. senator and Harry Truman's vice president, born near Lowes
- J. Paul Hogan, pioneer in the invention of the plastics industry, born in Lowes
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Feature Detail Report for: Lowes, Kentucky." USGS. U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Lowes, Kentucky Retrieved May 11, 2011.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Lowes CDP, Kentucky". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved December 12, 2016.
|This Graves County, Kentucky state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|