This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2022)
|Coordinates: 26°46′18″N 80°14′20″W / 26.7716°N 80.2388°W|
|Elevation||10 ft (3.0 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||294872|
Loxahatchee is an unincorporated community in Palm Beach County, Florida, United States, located north of Wellington, and west and northwest of Royal Palm Beach, approximately 17 miles (27 km) west of West Palm Beach. Loxahatchee is also the name of the Post Office that serves this area, which is under the zip code of 33470.
The community took its name from the Loxahatchee River. Loxahatchee is located within the Indian Trails Improvement District and the Loxahatchee Groves Water Control District. Lion Country Safari, a drive-through safari park, is located in Loxahatchee.
The state of Florida approved the incorporation of part of Loxahatchee, as the Town of Loxahatchee Groves, in 2006, which became the 38th municipality in Palm Beach County. The main reason for incorporating was to protect the area from encroaching growth, and to preserve the rural character of the neighborhood.
Loxahatchee is perhaps the most rural area within proximity to West Palm Beach, with lot sizes ranging from 1-20 acres. Loxahatchee and the adjacent The Acreage are notable for loose land restrictions and the presence of native and exotic animals. The Seminole Ridge Community High School serves the area.
- Acreage Pines Elementary School
- Golden Groves Elementary School
- Loxahatchee Groves Elementary School
- Frontier Elementary School
- Pierce Hammock Elementary School
- Western Pines Middle School
- Osceola Creek Middle School
- Seminole Ridge Community High School
- Ángel Hernández (born 1961), baseball umpire
- Nick Rickles (born 1990), American-Israeli baseball player
- Ashley Mathews (born 1991), pornographic actress
- Robert Stempel (1933–2011), Chairman and CEO of General Motors
- Brooke Eden (born 1988), country singer
- ^ "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ Eliot Kleinberg (September 16, 1987). "What's in a name? Lots of history if it's a town". The Palm Beach Post. p. 7D. Retrieved March 9, 2021 – via Newspapers.com.
- Indian Trail Improvement District
- Loxahatchee Groves Water Control District
- Town of Loxahatchee Groves
- Seminole Ridge Community High School Boundary Map – School District of Palm Beach County