|Elevation||10 ft (3.0 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||294872|
Loxahatchee is an unincorporated community in Palm Beach County, Florida, United States, located in the areas north of Wellington and west and northwest of Royal Palm Beach and approximately 17 miles (27 km) west of West Palm Beach. Loxahatchee is also the name of the Post Office that serves this area, which is under the zip code of 33470.
The community took its name from the Loxahatchee River. Loxahatchee is located within the Indian Trails Improvement District and the Loxahatchee Groves Water Control District. Lion Country Safari, a drive-through safari park, is located in Loxahatchee.
In 2006, the state of Florida approved incorporation of part of Loxahatchee as the Town of Loxahatchee Groves to become the 38th municipality in Palm Beach County. The main reason for incorporating was to better protect the area from encroaching growth and to preserve the rural character of the neighborhood.
Loxahatchee is perhaps the most rural area within proximity to West Palm Beach, with lot sizes ranging from 1-20 acres. Along with The Acreage, it is notable for loose land restrictions and the native and exotic animal presence. Seminole Ridge Community High School serves the area.
- Acreage Pines Elementary School
- Golden Groves Elementary School
- Loxahatchee Groves Elementary School
- Frontier Elementary School
- Pierce Hammock Elementary School
- Western Pines Middle School
- Osceola Creek Middle School
- Seminole Ridge Community High School
- Nick Rickles (born 1990), American-Israeli baseball player
- Robert Stempel (1933–2011), Chairman and CEO of General Motors
- Riley Reid (born 1991), American pornographic actress