|Sports Teams||Lancers & Lady Lancers|
|Colours||Red and blue|
|Affiliations||CCAA, ACCC, AUCC, CBIE|
Prior to the 1960s, only trade schools co-existed with universities in the province of Ontario at the post-secondary level, most of which had been established primarily to help veterans reintegrate into society in the post-war years. Loyalist College was founded in 1967 as part of a provincial initiative to create many such institutions to provide career-oriented diploma and certificate courses, as well as continuing education programs to Ontario communities. The name of the college reflects the area's original settlement by United Empire Loyalists.
Originally operated out of a local high school, Loyalist College moved to its present 200-acre (81 ha) campus on Wallbridge-Loyalist Road in 1968. The college operates a satellite campus in Bancroft, Ontario and is associated with First Nations Technical Institute in the Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory reserve.
Loyalist's intercollegiate sports teams use the name "Lancers". The school colours are royal blue and scarlet.
Current athletic teams
- Men's Volleyball
- Women's Volleyball
- Men's Basketball
- Women's Basketball
- Men's Rugby
- Women's Soccer
Loyalist College houses some of its students in the Loyalist College Residence located on the college campus. The residence contains five buildings and holds approximately 474 students. There are also 4 townhouse blocks housing 112 students. Located on the residence grounds is Residence Commons. This building contains laundry facilities, computer access, security office, food station and entertainment area. The entertainment area includes pool tables, ping-pong and television for student use.
Notable students, alumni and faculty
- Former CHFI-FM Morning Host Erin Davis, now Victoria, B.C.
- Ernie Parsons Former MPP for Prince Edward—Hastings (Former Faculty)
- Jamie Schmale MP for Haliburton-Kawartha Lakes-Brock
- Todd Smith MPP for Prince Edward – Hastings
- Laurie Scott MPP for Haliburton—Kawartha Lakes—Brock
- Canadian government scientific research organizations
- Canadian industrial research and development organizations
- Canadian Interuniversity Sport
- Canadian university scientific research organizations
- Higher education in Ontario
- List of colleges in Ontario
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Loyalist College.|
|Wikinews has related news: Sault professor sides with students during college strike|