Loyola Academy, Secunderabad
|Motto||estu fistor estu defarent|
|Fr. Anthony Pothireddy, S.J.|
Loyola Academy Degree and PG College is a Catholic minority institution, situated in Old Alwal, Secunderabad (Telangana), India. It is run by the Jesuit priests of the order of the Society of Jesus. The college is affiliated to the Osmania University and was granted the status of autonomy in 1992 by the UGC.
The academy started with an intermediate course in 1976, followed by a three-year course called associate degree of Chemical Technology (ADCT) in 1977.
Loyola Academy is managed and administered by the Jesuits of Andhra Jesuit Province, belonging to the Society of Jesus, an international Catholic Religious Order. Loyola Academy, Degree and Post Graduate College as well as Loyola Academy Junior College were founded by Rev. Fr. T. Balaiah, S.J. in 1976 at Old Alwal, Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Loyola Academy has a campus of 138 acres, with playfields and farm. It is affiliated to Osmania University. It was granted autonomous status in 1992 by the University Grants Commission. UGC has awarded a rare status known as "College with Potential for Excellence" to the college and also extended CPE phase II projects. The National Accreditation Council has awarded Grade ‘A’ to the institution in recognition of its contribution to the cause of higher education in 2005. The college is undergoing NAAC Reaccreditation.
‘India Today’ has rated the college for the third consecutive year by giving First Rank among the city colleges of Hyderabad and Secunderabad, for Commerce, Science and Arts. The college has come under autonomous status from 2010 on
Courses and year of commencement
- B.Sc. Chemical Technology 1978
- B.Sc. Agricultural Science & Rural Development 1983
- B.Sc. Computer Science & Engineering 1988
- B.Sc. Electronic Technology 1991
- B.Com Honours 1991
- B.Sc. Computer Maintenance & Engineering 1994
- B.Com Professional 1994
- B.Sc. Bio-technology, Genetics & Chemistry 2001
- B.Com Insurance 2003
- B.A. Mass Communication 2004
- B.Sc. Food Technology & Management 2004
- B.A. Psychology English Literature & Journalism 2006
- B.Sc. Maths, Statistics & Computer Science 2007
- B.Sc. Bio-technology Bio-Chemistry & Chemistry 2007
- B.Sc. Animation Design 2008
- B.A. Economics, Maths & Computer Science 2008
- B.A. History, B.A.Sociology& B. A. Public Administration 2008
- B.Com Computers 2010
- Bachelor of Business Administration 2011
- MCA 1993
- MBA 2001
- M.Sc (Organic Chemistry) 2003
- M.Sc. (Biotechnology) 2006
- M.Sc. Analytical Chemistry 2010
The campus is spread over 138 acres (0.56 km2) and includes six blocks: the Computer Block, the P.G. Block, the Agricultural Block, the Administrative block that houses the college office and the Principal's Office, and the Inigo block, inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Dr. Y. Rajashekhar Reddy on 5 September 2005. The intermediate block is at a slight distance from the other blocks and comprises over half a dozen buildings that were built in the early days.
The campus houses a bio-reserve, an agricultural farm including vineyards and orchards, a church which serves as the parish church for the surrounding Fr. Balaiah Nagar, multiple gardens, a percolation tank and a turf cricket ground.
The institution was accredited with 'A' grade by NAAC in 2006 and was reaccredited with 3.50/4.00 scale by the NAAC in 2011 and was awarded a rare status known as "College with Potential for Excellence" by the UGC, Govt. of India.
- Rector - Fr. Stanislaus S.J.
- Correspondent - Fr. Dr. A. Francis Xavier, S.J.
- Principal (undergraduate and postgraduate) - Fr. Dr. K.S. Casimir, S.J.
- Vice Principal(UG) - Fr. Dr. L. Joji Reddy, S.J.
- Vice Principal(PG) - Fr. K.M. Prabhudoss, S.J.
- Controller of Exams - Fr. M. Kishore, S.J.
- Principal (Intermediate) - Fr.M.A. Alex S.J
Notes and references
- "Ex-staffer of school dies". The Hindu. 2011-01-14. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2016-11-28.