Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Intercommunality||Canton de Loulay|
|• Mayor (2008–2014)||Jean-Michel Charpentier|
|11.85 km2 (4.58 sq mi)|
|• Density||12/km2 (32/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||31–106 m (102–348 ft) |
(avg. 60 m or 200 ft)
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
- Saint Peter's is a 12th-century fortified church which was classed as a Monument Historique (Historic Monument) in 1953.
- A high altar and tabernacle with a candle holder consisting of two figures in gilded wood adorns the interior. This has been protected since November 30, 1984.
- A washhouse and fountain are located below the village, in Puy Bardon.
- The Essouvert wood is located 1.5 km south-east of the village.
- A replica of the lantern of the dead of Fenioux was built on the rest area from the A10 Paris-Bordeaux highway in 1994.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lozay.|
|This Charente-Maritime geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|