Town Hall Entrance
Location of the municipality of Lučani within Serbia
|Region||Šumadija and Western Serbia|
|• Mayor||Slobodan Jolović (SNS)|
|Area rank||74th in Serbia|
|• Town||1.99 km2 (0.77 sq mi)|
|• Municipality||454.76 km2 (175.58 sq mi)|
|Elevation||308 m (1,010 ft)|
|Highest elevation||420 m (1,380 ft)|
|Lowest elevation||293 m (961 ft)|
|• Rank||77th in Serbia|
|• Town density||2,600/km2 (6,700/sq mi)|
|• Municipality density||46/km2 (120/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Lučani (Serbian Cyrillic: Лучани) is a town and municipality located in the Moravica District of western Serbia. The population of the town is 5,142, while the population of the municipality is 20,897.
Aside from the town of Lučani, the municipality includes the following settlements:
- Beli Kamen
- Gornja Kravarica
- Gornji Dubac
- Guča village
- Donja Kravarica
- Donji Dubac
- Lučani village
In the town of Lučani there are 5,142 inhabitants, while the average age of the population is 38,3 years (37,8 with men and 38,7 with women). There are 7,298 homes in the municipality and the average number of people living together is 2,86.
The municipality is largely inhabited by Serbs (97.9%), and in the last few years, a sharp rise in the number of inhabitants was noted.
The following table gives a preview of total number of employed people per their core activity (as of 2017):
|Agriculture, forestry and fishing||47|
|Distribution of power, gas and water||191|
|Distribution of water and water waste management||58|
|Wholesale and retail, repair||365|
|Traffic, storage and communication||201|
|Hotels and restaurants||134|
|Media and telecommunications||7|
|Finance and insurance||21|
|Property stock and charter||-|
|Professional, scientific, innovative and technical activities||90|
|Administrative and other services||27|
|Administration and social assurance||170|
|Healthcare and social work||193|
|Art, leisure and recreation||63|
- Radmila Bakočević (b. 1933), opera singer
- Ratko Dostanić (b. 1959), football coach
- Boban Janković (1963–2006), basketball player
- Željko Tanasković (b. 1967), volleyball player
- Radojica Vasić (b. 1976), football player
- MC Stojan (b. 1983), singer
- Milan Bojović (b. 1987), football player
- "Municipalities of Serbia, 2006". Statistical Office of Serbia. Retrieved 2010-11-28.
- "2011 Census of Population, Households and Dwellings in the Republic of Serbia: Comparative Overview of the Number of Population in 1948, 1953, 1961, 1971, 1981, 1991, 2002 and 2011, Data by settlements" (PDF). Statistical Office of Republic Of Serbia, Belgrade. 2014. ISBN 978-86-6161-109-4. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
- "2011 Census of Population, Households and Dwellings in the Republic of Serbia" (PDF). stat.gov.rs. Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 11 January 2017.
- "ОПШТИНЕ И РЕГИОНИ У РЕПУБЛИЦИ СРБИЈИ, 2018" (PDF). stat.gov.rs (in Serbian). Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lučani.|