Lučko Anti-Terrorist Unit
Anti-Terrorist Unit Lučko (Croatian: Antiteroristička jedinica Lučko, ATJ Lučko) is an elite Anti-Terrorist Unit of the Croatian Police stationed in Lučko near Zagreb, the capital of Croatia. Like all police units in the country, it is under command of the Ministry of the Interior.
The unit was established on September 7, 1990 and was the first Croatian fighting unit in the Croatian War of Independence.It was also the only fighting unit of Croatian forces at the time. During the course of the Croatian War of Independence, 13 officers were killed and 52 wounded in the unit of 350 members.
- "Ministry of the Interior - mup.hr". www.mup.hr. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- Nazor, Ante (2007-01-01). Počeci suvremene hrvatske države: kronologija procesa osamostaljenja Republike Hrvatske : od Memoranduma SANU 1986. do proglašenja neovisnosti 8. listopada 1991 (in Croatian). Hrvatski memorijalno-dokumentacijski centar Domovinskog rata. ISBN 9789537439019.
- "MINISTAR DODIJELIO PRIGODNE NAGRADE - mup.hr". mup.hr. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- Prvi Hrvatski Redarstvenik (English)
- Antiteroristička jedinica "Lučko" (Zagreb) – MUP-a RH (Croatian)
- FBI and ATJ Lučko cooperate; ATJ Lučko officers receive training in hostage negotiation from FBI agents (Croatian)
|This Croatia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This law enforcement–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|