Lu-Yu Tea Culture Institute
|Lu-Yu Tea Culture Institute|
Lu-Yu Tea Culture Institute, previously known as Lu Yu Tea Art Center, provides education in tea arts (including tea marketing, design of tea ware, and tea brewing techniques) and promotes the drinking of tea. It offers certifications in Tea Studies, such as for "Tea Master" (陸羽泡茶師). The institute was founded in Taipei, Taiwan, in 1980. It now has schools in Beijing, Chengdu and Shanghai. It is named for Lu Yu, the 8th-century "sage of tea". While most students are Chinese speakers, others come from Japan, South Korea and there are also classes and tea studies certification in English.
- Tenfu Tea College
- Tatung Institute Tea Culture and Department of Business Management
- History of tea in China
- Tea culture
- Tenfu Tea Museum
- Chiu, Jennifer (26 July 1991). "Luyu center fosters rebirth of Chinese tea culture". Taiwan Journal. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- "北京陆羽茶艺中心隆重开幕 (Beijing Lu Yu Tea Art Center grand opening)". huaxia.com (in Chinese). 4 September 2003. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- "台湾陆羽茶艺中心-茶和天下 (Lu Yu Tea Art Center)" (in Chinese). China International Tea Culture Institute. 7 September 2011. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- Kelly, Robert (2007). Taiwan (Lonely Planet Guide). p. 60. ISBN 978-1741045482.