||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|2010 Guangzhou||Men's Individual|
Lü was born in Huiyang, Guangdong Province, China, in 1962. He is one of a number of xiangqi grandmasters from Guangdong Province, which is notable for being the birthplace of many famed grandmasters such as Yang Guanli, Cai Furu and Xu Yinchuan. Lü's major achievements in xiangqi include the following:
- winner of Chinese National Xiangqi Individual Championship in 1986, 1988, 1999, 2003 and 2004
- starter in the championship-winning team of Guangdong in the Chinese National Xiangqi League in 1989, 1993, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004 and 2006
- winner of Asian Xiangqi Individual Championship in 1985
- starter in the championship-winning team of China in the World Xiangqi Championship in 1990, 1995, 1997, 2001 and 2005
- winner of the World Xiangqi Individual Championship in 1990, 1995, 1997, 2001 and 2005.
Lü belongs to the Hoklo dialect group in Huiyang, Guangdong.