Lubang, Occidental Mindoro
Cabra Island Lighthouse
Map of Occidental Mindoro highlighting Lubang
|Region||MIMAROPA (Region IV-B)|
|District||Lone District of Occidental Mindoro|
|• Mayor||Roberto "Bobby" Sanchez (LP)|
|• Total||113.10 km2 (43.67 sq mi)|
|• Density||170/km2 (430/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Income class||4th class municipality|
- Araw At Bituin (Poblacion)
- Bagong Sikat (Pob.)
- Banaag Ng Pag-Asa (Pob.)
- Likas Ng Silangan (Pob.)
- Maginhawa (Pob.)
- Ninikat Ng Pag-Asa (Pob.)
- Paraiso (Pob.)
- Sorville (Pob.)
|Population census of Lubang|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
The Municipality of Lubang like most, if not all of the municipalities in the Philippines elects a Municipal Mayor who deals with the executive affairs of the municipality, a Municipal Vice-Mayor who oversees the Municipal Council, and members of the Municipal Council. Currently, the Mayor of Lubang is Roberto "Bobby" Sanchez and the Vice-Mayor is Charles Z. Villas.
The municipality also has 10 municipal councilors, 8 of which are elected along with the Mayor and Vice-Mayor while the other two are from the Federation of Sangguniang Kabataan officers and the Association of Barangay Chairmen of the municipality. Currently, the following are the councilors of the municipality:
- ANZALDO, ERWIN (LP)
- DAULAT, WILBERT (LP)
- GUIMBA, EUGENIO (UNA)
- ALEGRE, DANTE (LP)
- TANGI, FERDIE (LP)
- TIATSON, MICHAEL RON (IND)
- MORENO, ALMA (LP)
- AGAS, ORLY (LP)
- (Association of Barangay Chairmen President)
The municipality, as part of the Province of Occidental Mindoro, also elects provincial government officials. Currently, the provincial government is led by Governor Mario Gene J. Mendiola and by Vice-Governor Peter Alfaro.
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 11 September 2013. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Province: OCCIDENTAL MINDORO". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 1 November 2012.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of August 1, 2015 (Region IV-B)". Philippine Population 2015 Census of Population. Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 20 May 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
||South China Sea|
|South China Sea||Looc|
|South China Sea|