Lubang, Occidental Mindoro
|Municipality of Lubang|
Cabra Island Lighthouse
Map of Occidental Mindoro with Lubang highlighted
|Region||Mimaropa (Region IV-B)|
|Barangays||16 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Roberto Sanchez|
|• Electorate||11,563 voters (2016)|
|• Total||113.10 km2 (43.67 sq mi)|
|• Density||170/km2 (430/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)43|
|Climate type||Tropical climate|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||75.4 million (2016)|
The municipality encompasses the north-western half of Lubang Island, as well as Cabra Island. The municipality of Lubang is part of the Lubang Island Group, which constitutes 7 islands that are geographically distinct from any landmasses, making the island group biologically unique - and endangered at the same time. The islands are under consideration to be set as a UNESCO tentative site due to its geographic importance, biological diversity, and intact rainforests.
Lubang is politically subdivided into 16 barangays.
|Population census of Lubang|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
The Municipality of Lubang like most, if not all of the municipalities in the Philippines elects a Municipal Mayor who deals with the executive affairs of the municipality, a Municipal Vice Mayor who oversees the Municipal Council, and members of the Municipal Council. Currently, the Mayor of Lubang is Roberto "Bobby" Sanchez and the Vice Mayor is Charles Z. Villas.
The municipality also has 10 municipal councilors, 8 of which are elected along with the Mayor and Vice Mayor while the other two are from the Federation of Sangguniang Kabataan officers and the Association of Barangay Chairmen of the municipality. Currently, the following are the councilors of the municipality:
- Anzaldo, Erwin (LP)
- Daulat, Wilbert (LP)
- Guimba, Eugenio (UNA)
- Alegre, Dante (LP)
- Tangi, Ferdie (LP)
- Tiatson, Michael Ron (IND)
- Moreno, Alma (LP)
- Agas, Orly (LP)
- (Association of Barangay Chairmen President)
The municipality, as part of the Province of Occidental Mindoro, also elects provincial government officials. Currently, the provincial government is led by Governor Mario Gene J. Mendiola and by Vice Governor Peter Alfaro.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Occidental Mindoro". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region IV-B (Mimaropa)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region IV-B (Mimaropa)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region IV-B (Mimaropa)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Occidental Mindoro". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lubang, Occidental Mindoro.|